Why this role is important for us?
State Street Risk Analytics Department combines unique capabilities in data and analytics to better serve our clients and build relationships with new customers. Through information and insights, investment analytics and data solutions, our goal is to help our Clients to generate the most value.
State Street Risk Analytics’ truView platform is a web-based application providing a full suite of analytics that give clients insight into the risks and performance of their investment portfolios. Supporting all asset classes the platform produces analytics such as: stress testing, value at risk (VaR), position specific analytics for derivatives (delta, gamma, vega etc.) and fixed income characteristics such as duration and convexity.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for
Reconcile risk results against accounting reports and independent data. Investigates further where necessary
Good understanding on risk techniques and valuation methods (Value At Risk, Stress Testing, Exposures, Greeks, BackTesting)
Assist in specifying new functionality to further streamline operational processes
Provide support, resolve client issues, and demonstrate a firm understanding of the product to users (risk managers, traders etc.)
Review risk reports before delivering to existing clients
Develop and execute user acceptance tests
Assist team development & in the implementation projects for new risk clients
Work co-operatively with other risk groups in different locations and time zones
Other project-based tasks as assigned
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Strong understanding of financial markets and risk management techniques.
Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
Highly motivates, multi-task capable and willingness to learn and develop within role.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in Applied Mathematics/Finance/Economics or related field
- FRM or CFA qualification an advantage
- Typically 4+ years of experience in Financial Services
- Proven work experience with SQL query and Advanced Excel.
- Bloomberg and/or Reuters knowledge
What we offer
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- VIP medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programms
Apply today – we are committed to teaching you the ropes for your successful career in State Street
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.