Product Expert for Risk Engines
Global Wealth Management
Job Reference #
Do you find solutions where others cannot? You know how to work under time constraints, getting your priorities right without compromising on quality? Are you able to claim ownership for existing operational processes and drive them to the next level?
• take on the operational ownership for our next generation Value at Risk Calculations to provide Leading values of Financial Instruments, to clients.
• accompany the rollout of Lending into production, including servicing and education of internal clients
• combine system based output with the design of a robust operational process to meet the highest of standards in terms of quality and expected delivery times
• make the penny count by interacting directly with IT analysts and developers in an ambitious development environment. Your expertise will be reflected in future system upgrades
• support operations on UBS Wealth Management 'One Investment Platform'
• assist the daily business with your market risk- and system expertise and support investigations in case of inconsistencies or errors
You’ll be working for Investment Trading Platforms within UBS Global Wealth Management, Chief Operations Office (COO). We are responsible for the platforms and processes underpinning the value proposition of our discretionary and advisory mandate solutions. As a business solution owner of the investment platforms, we take care of the continuous evolution of our capabilities to the benefits of our clients. The Risk Engine team within ITP is dedicated to running the quantitative Market Risk Systems. Our unique expertise is a key component throughout the Wealth Management Value chain- from Client profiling to Investment suitability and Lending- on a truly global scale.
• 2+ years of work experience as business analyst, data analyst or in an operational capacity within the financial sector
• strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and conflicting priorities under time constraints
• solid data analysis skills and query language knowledge (e.g. MS Access, SQL, R, VBA, Python) are a plus
• a university degree or equivalent (e.g. Economics, Mathematics), any other certification (e.g. CFA, AZEK, CIIA, FRM, IPMA, CBAP) is a plus
• a highly motivated and self-directed performer with a proven track record in a similar position
• a curious mind that constantly comes up with new concepts and improvements to existing solutions (you never run out of ideas)
• known for hitting deadlines and willing to go the extra mile
• excited about complex rule-based systems and the way they work
• fluent in English, German is a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.