Who we are looking for
At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of accounting standards and regulations (IFRS, Lux GAAP, UK SORP). You will be responsible for assigned Clients and will be expected to review sets of Financial Reporting Reports and reconciliations. You will work closely with Teams Leaders and their teams to deliver work according to deadlines. You will be expected to work closely with your manager and financial reporting teams in Poland to plan and deliver projects assigned and implement changes and improvements. As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) you won’t have direct reports.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for - Primary Responsibilities
- Direct management of the assigned clients in line with expected KPI (100%) and internal and external client satisfaction.
- Provide high quality review of sets of reconciliations and reporting packs to be used in financial statements (including Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Schedule of Investments, Notes to Financial Statements) for annual and interim reporting cycles
- Assist Financial Reporting Supervisor and teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards and ensure that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to
- Be up to date with all regulatory changes. Analyze and adapt to new accounting and financial reporting standards in cooperation with other SMEs and Business Partners in Home Locations (IFRS, UK SORP, LUX GAAP, FRS 102/104) and ensure staff is informed, trained and aware in advance about the impact of these changes
- Provide technical and planning support for new business transitions to Poland and ensure proper governance and controls are in place; perform post-transition analysis to identify process gaps
- Observe, inspect and evaluate the performance of the preparers and the reviewers (all grades), and recommend to the people manager the trainings needs of these people to eliminate knowledge and process gaps.
- Support internal training team while preparing training materials and delivering training sessions to the staff.
- Participate as technical SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems to increase productivity through the usage of information systems and other tools
- Act as central point of contact for technical issues encountered in the daily business in order to reduce to a minimum the number of queries to the Customer; track issue trends and escalate as needed
- Proposing and/or implementation the procedural changes to improve performance of the department.
- Initiating and overseeing tasks within the continuous improvement drive to ensure that the department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven.
- Own adoption of new tools and solutions and strongly support technical team within the department on preparation to migration, new ideas etc
- Analysis of the recurring issues reported in the logs, coordinate preparation of the adequate actions plan and makes sure these issues are properly addressed within the team in aim to increase the level of knowledge and increase the quality of the team deliverables.
- Take a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls; evaluate their continuing effectiveness and accuracy, initiate remedial action as necessary and ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures
- Contribute to analysis and planning of financial reporting Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice
- Take on ad hoc project work as required from your managers
Education & Preferred Qualifications
A person with relevant financial education in the field of economics, finance, accounting or similar (preferred). Minimum 3 years of experience working in a financial reporting environment or 4 years funds experience. Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous.
General knowledge of financial services industry. Expertise in Financial Reporting and/or Audit processes is a plus.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Thorough understanding of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of accounting frameworks including IFRS, UK SORP, LUX GAAP, FRS
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting and/or Audit processes
- Up to date on technical issues relating to format, presentation and content of interim and annual reports
- PC literate with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English. Must be able to communicate effectively with employees in other departments, at all levels and be able to describe and explain processes
- Ability to multitask and work in a pressurised environment.
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to delegate work to others
- Experience of working to deadlines, must be able to manage time effectively
- Seeks responsibility
- Multitasking ability
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Adaptable – ability to develop new approaches to solving problems
- Team player
What we offer
- Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- Multisport Card
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathway