Who we are looking for
Business Risk manager acts as a valued partner to the business in the identification, assessment and mitigation of risk, and cultivation of a framework of practices which enable a balance of commercial considerations with the risk excellence objectives established by business leadership.
The primary responsibility of the team is to strengthen the internal control environment within the FLOD by establishing a framework. Business Risk Manager will focus on risk mitigation within the first line of defense through process and controls reviews, controls monitoring and design of effective controls.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery and Investor services. The department gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Execute on the semi-annual Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) for numerous IS, GD and Alternatives risk units in accordance with the RCSA standard
- Assist with the evaluation of first line risks and controls (including but not limited to, risk ratings, validating controls with the business)
- Continuously develop deep knowledge of core product and services, processes, financial markets and technology
- Interact with and report risk related issues and progress to senior management
- Lead and/or actively participate in committees and risk management projects as needed
- Support Risk Unit structure to ensure it is accurate and complete
- Manage production of BRM presentation reports for the numerous executive level management meetings in Poland
- Manage the Poland BRM team, matrix management expectations.
- Establish strong relationships with key functional teams operating in Poland, including Business risk management teams, FLOD business lines, Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Compliance, and Corporate Audit.
- Monitor remediation steps and corrective action plans from control review findings to implementation.
- Provide strong management reporting. Monitor, actively manage and reports risk and compliance issues. Timely escalate any risk matters to SSBI GmbH Poland Branch senior management and to the SSBI GmbH Poland branch Head of FLOD Business Risk management.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to challenge and influence.
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal/external stakeholders to establish key relationships
- Demonstrated market knowledge and understanding of operational processes, risks and controls
- Ability to lead or work on large global cross functional project
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- People and team management
- Minimum 5 years of equivalent work experience
- Experience in Control, Compliance, Risk Management with focus on one of the following areas: controls design and effectiveness evaluation; operations; risk management, regulatory compliance, and project management with regards to middle to back office operational risk mitigation
- Previous experience in reviewing and implementing initiatives, policies and procedures desirable
- Knowledge about tools: ICAMS and Archer issue management
- Experience in project leading/management will be an advantage
What we offer
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- VIP medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programms
Apply today – we are committed to teaching you the ropes for your successful career in State Street
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.