Java Tech Lead
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
• work on the delivery of the strategic Field Technology solutions
• manages a small to medium-sized team responsible for all phases of the systems development and implementation process.
• interface with key parts of the technology organization, including other WMA development teams, Infrastructure Services, and QA teams
• own and driving key technical deliverables
• design and implement user-friendly front-end applications which integrate seamless in our internal application landscape
• deploy the new applications into test environments and assure high quality software deliveries
• challenge the status quo and come up with new ideas and solutions
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We are looking for someone to join the Global Wealth Management (WMA) Technology team to help us focus on the new multi-year technology initiative to revamp and enhance our Field Technology platform.
• drive the design and implementation of scalable, high performing and robust applications
• proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans
• improve our software delivery capabilities via automation and repeatability
• provide technical mentorship and guidance to more junior engineers including code reviews and diving into coding assignments when necessary as well as defining and implementing best in class standards.
• help the tech management team shape best practices for developing, sharing and continuously improving our software platform.
• identifying issues to teams that they might overlook, such as scalability, performance, or security.
• coordinate with internal and external technology teams as needed for end to end service delivery
• experience as principal engineer with hands on design and coding experience
• Java and Java Microservice API experience
• experience with Agile software development methodologies, tools and processes (Jira, GitLab and etc.)
• knowledge of orchestration of microservices in an elastic container-based cloud environment
• experience in the financial services sector will be a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.