Aon sp. z o. o.
If you’re interested in project work in a dynamically developing unique department – this is an opportunity for you! This is a hybrid role with the flexibility to work both virtually and from our Krakow office.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world. As an organisation, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
How this opportunity is different
Aon’s Lender Insurance Advisory practice is part of Aon’s M&A and Transaction Solutions (AMATS) team which provides both advisory and consultancy services and a wide range of M&A, project finance and other transaction solutions to clients across EMEA and worldwide. Our solution lines include Risk and Insurance, Lenders’ Insurance Advisory, Human Capital, Transaction Solutions and Digital (Cyber and Intellectual Property).
Our pan-European team has grown rapidly in the last four years with over 75 colleagues in London and a total of 180 across EMEA. The AMATS team in Krakow currently consists of 36 people spread across six teams and we’re still growing! We have specialists in the areas of Risk & Insurance, Human Capital, Cyber, Data & Analytics, Compliance and Transaction Solutions.
What your day will look like
The Lender Insurance Advisory team is a core element of our AMATS and Infrastructure advisory propositions and delivers financially focused risk and insurance advice to project-financed transactions across the full range of infrastructure sectors. We have deep experience across greenfield financings, re-financings and the construction and operational phases of projects in a wide range of infrastructure sectors, and our specialist and experienced personnel review, assess and monitor the risk transfer process throughout the tenor of a loan facility. In our day-to-day work we advise on projects such as renewable energy, conventional power, energy from waste, natural resources, utilities, transportation, communications, social infrastructure and mining.
The primary responsibility of the role will be to support the practice’s Project Managers based in the United Kingdom with their insurance due diligence enquiries and delivery of projects (financings, refinancings, and operational reviews).
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Drafting Lender Insurance Advisory Service Proposals
- Managing the compliance and project onboarding processes for new Lender Insurance Advisory proposals and mandates, including liaison with clients, to ensure compliance with internal and external compliance and regulatory requirements
- Supporting in the compilation of diligence reports and mining of information from electronic data rooms
- Preparing draft reports, including undertaking risk and contractual reviews
- Preparing and tracking confidentiality agreements and report reliance letters
- Helping in coordinating internal Aon resources across various practices and geographies
- Prompt and regular communication with stakeholders at every project stage
- Preparing invoices and finalising invoices and subsequent debtor management
Skills and experience that will lead to success
We’re looking for someone with analytical skills, attention to detail, as well as outstanding communication skills. Someone who can work independently as well as a part of a supportive team, help to manage multiple projects and engagements simultaneously and prioritise work. The ability to work in environment which is deadline driven and attitude for articulating (verbally and in writing) technical or complicated issues in a concise manner is crucial.
- Educated to University level
- Outstanding English communication and presentation skills both oral and written essential at B2 or higher
- Experience in writing longer texts in English such as essays, reports, articles etc.
- 1-2 years of experience working in an office environment – previous experience in roles including due diligence, infrastructure, real estate, project finance or Lender Advisory preferred
- Strong knowledge of MS Applications (particularly Word, Excel andPowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel
- Technical insurance knowledge
- Understanding of financing structures and the associated insurance related requirements (security package, lender endorsements etc).
- Interest in business news and M&A activity
- Additional foreign language capabilities
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Well-being Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued. Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.