Purpose Of Role:
Fund Expense Administrator is responsible for processing the fund expenses and all associated tasks, including collecting authorization, VAT calculations, expense allocation to the sub-funds, payments, reconciliation and reporting. He or she must ensure all invoices are processed in a timely manner and according to the standards and procedures set forth.
INVOICES PAYMENT AND RECONCILIATION:
Screen received invoices and determine entities / funds concerned, split method, need for currency conversion and applicable VAT treatment .
- Instruction and follow up with concerned team for custody payments and cross sub-funds transfers.
- Instruction and follow up for execution of currency conversions Accounting processing of payments
- Custody vs Accounting reconciliation Follow up on rejected / returned payments VAT
- Determine whether VAT is applicable and calculate where necessary
- Contact the client to resolve VAT calculation issues OTHER
- Maybe required to undertake the review of invoices tasks prepared by other team members
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Make recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required.
NON - TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES COMMUNICATION :
- Resolve review points highlighted by Senior Fund Expense Administrator and team supervisor and ensure they are kept informed of progress. Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Contacts and maintains good working relationships with appointed client and vendor representatives in order to gather authorization and clarify any issues around fund expenses ORGANISATION
- Undertake appropriate housekeeping duties e.g. filing, archiving, operation of clean desk policy.
TRAINING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT :
Work with Senior Fund Expense Administrator / Team supervisor to identify objectives at the start of each year and keep them up to date. Actively participate in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development. · Take responsibility for personal development and training.
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Accuracy and ability to work with deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Basic understanding of fund administration would be useful but not essential.
- Very good English knowledge (B2 or higher)
- Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork.
Level Of Education:
Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred).
- Interesting process
- Hybrid working model- split between working from home and working from the office.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- Gold medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor,
- Diversity of opportunities across a range challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway