The Desktop Supervisor is primarily responsible for day-to-day support and troubleshooting of MGI Desktops/Laptops, peripherals, and phones as well as the supervision of 3-4 Desktop team members. This position is responsible for providing, reclaiming, and tracking all IT assets with great attention to detail. This position is also responsible for support and coordination of support for the Executive Administrators as well as the Executives they support. This position includes tactical / direct “hands on” support, as well as oversight of people, process, and technology enablers.
- Supervises IT Desktop team members and manages the performance of direct reports to assist the department and company in meeting its goals. Helps staff grow professionally by drafting and delivering meaningful performance appraisals, performance documentation and individual development plans. Retains staff by encouraging and assisting in their development and by providing on-going coaching. This position requires you to work onsite.
- Builds Desktop and Laptop systems for end user deployment. Resolves escalated end user incidents and requests.
- Provides advanced Hardware & Software Application support. Provides Executive Admin and Executive Support and coordination. Works closely with users to understand IT support needs and expectations.
- Build support documentation and facilitates cross-training of other Desktop Team members. Creates and provides documentation and training to the Helpdesk in order to promote first call/first ticket incident recovery.
- Manages and tracks all IT assets (laptops, desktops, peripherals and phones) with great attention to detail. This position is accountable to provide, reclaim and track all IT assets in ServiceNow. This position will oversee the quarterly asset true ups and provide quarterly reports on asset stock, assignment, and disposal.
- Develops and reports meaningful service support metrics, identifying trends and recommendations for improvement, with the ultimate goal of improving IT effectiveness in responding to and/or predicting incidents and problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent degree and/or experience.
- A+, MCP, MCSE, ITIL foundations a plus.
- 3+ years’ experience providing service support such as Desktop Support, Helpdesk or Incident Management/Response.
- 3+ years’ experience supporting MS and Mac Operating Systems. Office tools, including MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and Word.
- 3+ years’ proven customer service experience, and must communicate clearly, courteously, and professionally.
- 2+ years’ managing IT assets—provisioning, reclamation and tracking.
- 2+ years’ experience leading or supervising technical staff.
- Strong demonstrated planning, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to anticipate problems, contribute innovative solutions to IT management.
- Proven ability to effectively lead teams and individuals through changes, adapting well to new directions in business requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of technical areas (Applications Development, Production Services, Operations and Technical Support).
- Demonstrated ability to probe, diagnose and resolve customer issues.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, while working with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- General knowledge of IT systems including mainframe, server, network, and web technology, preferred.
- Project Management experience helpful, preferred.