Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to join a team that blazes a trail for technology modernisation in banking? Do you aspire to work with colleagues who productionise microservice architecture concepts into enterprise scale solutions? Can you drive modernization and reshape traditional platforms and systems?
Our team is undertaking an ambitious programme of wholesale platform renewal & product evolution underpinned by genuine digitalisation. We are looking for a talented automation engineer to act as a technical expert for our team in Wroclaw, Poland. If you are motivated to build our next generation Post-Trade & Custody ecosystem based on services and integration in modern, programming paradigms we look forward to receiving your application.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment with colleagues from globally diverse backgrounds and skillsets coming together to solve challenging problems as a team. The position is within our Trade and Transfer Assets stream closely collaborating with the part of Agile delivery units distributed across the globe. Our teams design, deliver and operate state-of-the-art financial systems that offer best-in-class services to the bank’s clients.
• CI/CD: Gitlab
• Platform: Linux, Kubernetes, Azure & Mainframe
• Languages: Java, C#, Kotlin, Cobol
• Test Automation: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Selenium, Cucumber
Our development pods work across a multitude of development languages working together in a model of coexistence whilst we transform, modernize and evolve our post-trade service platform.
We are genuine believers that diversity brings more varied experience, expertise, and working methods to improve the way we engineer and deliver solutions.
Automation boosts the speed of test execution and helps to increase test coverage, ultimately leading our teams to build products of better quality. We are seeking a candidate to help us eliminate repetitive manual tests with a comprehensive implementation of automation.
Skills & profile:
• Drive to modernize with proficiency in programming languages such as C# and Java (inc. IntelliJ)
• A good knowledge of test driven development approaches such as BDD to support continuous delivery.
• Take ownership and responsibility for the design and development of all aspects of automated testing along with creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts
• Analyze, design and build automated test cases based on acceptance criteria captured in user stories.
• Collaborating with development teams to develop quality products; working closely together to understand the functionality and devise acceptance tests at an appropriate test level, prioritising both speed and quality to support continuous delivery.
• Act as a lynchpin for product quality activities during development & releases such as identifying bugs and coordinating remediation
• Continuously improve the CI/CD toolchain and services in close collaboration with the agile programs and software engineers and the central architecture
• Researching issues in software with remediation geared towards designing & developing test automation scripts
• Contribution to the platform architecture and product solution design
• A flexible, resilient team player with strong interpersonal skills taking initiative to drive things forward independently adopting principles such as servant leadership
• Validate, Verify and Sign off on releases
• Produce a test plan, providing an overview of test coverage, execution status and any release related risks such as open defects.
• Managing open defects by providing a clear view of severity and related risks and working with stakeholders to ensure they are handled appropriately. Ensuring test quality through optimization of test efficiency and effectiveness
• Being responsible for the different documents linked to the definition, monitoring and control of test and acceptance test activities
• Work closely with the client and other stakeholders across the globe.
Your profile may also show the above and beyond elements such as:
• A positive attitude & willingness to learn & desire to improve the environment around you
• Track record as engineer working in a globally distributed team
• On-the-job examples of working in a fast-paced Agile environment
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.