VAT / Indirect Tax Specialist (USB Asset Management)
Ireland, Poland, Switzerland - Zürich, United Kingdom
Job Reference #
Dublin, Kraków, London, Wroclaw, Zürich
We are looking for a VAT / indirect tax specialist to join our UBS Asset Management Tax Team.
Specifically, the job holder is expected to:
• Work with all business areas of AM and take the global lead for VAT and indirect tax topics.
• have responsibility for managing indirect tax risk, both financial and reputational, across the regions. This includes implementing regular reviews of indirect tax risk; reporting indirect tax risk issues to the Global Head of AM Tax; and assisting the business to implement the necessary procedures and controls to mitigate tax risk.
• build and maintain relationships with senior management and UBS Group stakeholders to establish and communicate tax priorities based on changing regulatory environments.
• engage the business in indirect tax matters, reconciling the competing imperatives of the management of tax risk with commercial and regulatory drivers of the business.
• ensure that the AM business adhere to the Group Tax policies and supplements.
• provide the business with regular updates and training on indirect tax and regulatory developments.
• build and maintain relationships with UBS Group functions (e.g. Finance/Legal) and other UBS divisions (Investment Bank and Wealth Management) to build the profile of AM Tax, and to ensure the transfer of knowledge for the benefit of the UBS Group.
The job holder will not be responsible for performing legal entity VAT compliance.
In a time of increasing regulatory and operational challenge, coupled with a growing business globally we are looking for an experienced tax professional who enjoys working in a dynamic and constantly developing environment. As the AM VAT / Indirect Tax specialist, the job holder will be responsible for the proactive management and resolution of indirect tax issues; as well as for the implementation of necessary procedures and controls regarding tax risk management across the EMEA and Switzerland regions.
The role will be in the AM business division (within the AM COO Area) and will report to the Global Head of the team who is located in Zürich. As well as working closely with the AM business, the job holder will work with the global AM Tax team as well as with the UBS Group Tax colleagues.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
The job holder should have very strong communication and leadership skills, with a confident appearance and a willingness to work in a collaborative and international team environment. Specific knowledge and experience required includes:
• qualified tax professional (Chartered Accountant, Chartered Tax Advisor, Tax Lawyer or equivalent) or on-the-job experience of working on VAT and indirect tax related topics.
• proven VAT/indirect tax knowledge and experience, with a focus on asset management and operational tax issues.
• strong methodical approach and organisational skills.
• five years Financial Services VAT/ indirect tax experience gained in a ‘Big Four’ Accounting or Law firm; or in house VAT/indirect tax experience gained in a Financial Services firm.
• forward looking and with strong commercial awareness, able to operate effectively and to prioritise competing demands.
•ability to effectively influence and persuade all levels of management.
• high standing in the tax profession and ability to represent fully and professionally the interests of UBS in industry and government bodies.
• fluency in spoken and written English. German language would be a benefit.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.