SSGA is seeking a corporate attorney based in our Krakow, Poland office to provide legal support for SSGA’s institutional and investment solutions businesses. This role requires a self-motivated and highly collaborative individual who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Providing legal support for institutional client prospecting, contracting, on-boarding and on-going account maintenance across SSGA’s North America-based investment management products and services
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating client agreements such as investment management agreements and fund subscription agreements.
- Supporting SSGA’s global Request for Proposal (RFP) team to respond to client and regulatory inquiries.
- Facilitating SSGA funds’ participation in class actions and responding to third party subpoenas for client information.
- Advising on ad-hoc business initiatives that may involve legal issues.
- As part of a global team of lawyers, collaborating with product, sales, on-boarding, account management and marketing teams.
A successful applicant will demonstrate the following qualities:
- 2-4 years of professional experience either in a recognized law firm or in-house legal team environment, or a combination of both. Some experience in investment management and/or financial services is a plus. Qualified lawyer status is also a plus.
- Fluent in English.
- Commitment to integrity.
- Shows motivation, self-reliance, pragmatism and resourcefulness.
- Great teammate with good communications skills and the ability to build and sustain collaborative cross-functional relationships.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and proven ability to multitask.