Join us to build your professional career within the company that improves people’s lives.
As a Trainee at Philips you will be a part of GBS Academy, which is designed as a fast-tracked career pathway for last year students and graduates in an international and diverse environment to support Philips business functions in day-to-day operations. It offers structured professional development with on-the-job and soft-skills training, and networking opportunities I n the graduate community.
In this program, you have the opportunity to
Work in a full-time, regular position within the Supply Chain Management department, and be supported in developing business skills, including practical communication skills, business acumen, time management, Microsoft Office, and much more. The exposure to the different functional areas will enable the development of skills and abilities that drives value for both Philips and our customers.
You will use your language skills on a daily basis while cooperating with our partners across European markets. By obtaining functional training, within 12 months you will become a professional, ready to fill a permanent role in one of the above-mentioned business functions.
What is the Team of Supply Chain Management (SCM)?
Order Management (OM)
The team coordinates the entire order delivery process placed by Key Markets through pro-active collaboration with other Supply Chain functions such as Catalogue Management, Finance, Planning, Shipping, Project Management, Sales and others.
1. Order Management Team, which belongs to Personal Health (PH) products department within Philips Supply Chain Management structures. In our Philips PH portfolio, you can find our well-known products such as sonic toothbrushes, laser hair removals, trimers, hairdryers and more. Our customers are the biggest chain stores in Poland selling electronic and household devices, as well as private customers buying Philips products directly from us.
2. Order Management Team belongs to Health System (HS) products department within Philips Supply Chain Management structures. In our Philips HS portfolio, you can find our well-known products such as cardio monitors, ultrasound, respirators, defibrillators and diagnostic imaging equipment. Our customers are the most innovative hospitals around the world.
The IWD (International Warehousing and Distribution) team is responsible for the transport of the ordered Philips products or components to production. They process shipments, monitor and track the freight, and manage the carriers involved in transportations. The team is in contact not only with the Customers, but also with Business, Market and Functions.
The team actively supports business processes globally in the areas of Source to Contract, Purchasing Price Management, Procurement Performance Management, Supplier Lifecycle Management, Supplier Risk Management, Supplier Sustainability and Paralegal Service.
Sales Back Office (SBO)
The Team supports Philips’ Sales Departments across the world. The team makes sure that orders are compliant with contracts and prepares package of documents for further booking. SBO is responsible as well for preparation of official letters and statements which are shared with partners for example for tender purposes.
The GBS ACADEMY consists of
- New Employee Orientation Program
- 6-12 weeks of functional training
- Targeted learning focused on soft skills tailored to the needs of a Young Professionals (such as Personal and career development, Business writing, Presenting with impact, Communication and storytelling)
- Career coaching and professional development tools
- Networking opportunities
To succeed in this role, you should:
- Be a student of the last year of Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree or fresh graduate
- Be fluent in English (at least B2). Any other European language will be a great plus!
- Express availability to work 40 hours/ week
- Have good knowledge level of Excel and Word
- Show the ability to work independently while being able to collaborate with others in the diverse fast-paced environment
- Bo open to change and new challenges
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and develop
In return, we offer you
A unique and challenging experience during 12 months at GBS. Completion of the program may lead to converting into a permanent role and to working for an employer whose activities have a major positive impact on people all over the world.
- Contract of employment
- Annual bonus based on performance achieved
- Private medical care with the option to extend it to family members
- Benefit System cards
- Discount for Philips’ products
- Opportunity to become a part of Campus Community that consists of more than 150 international students & graduates where you will have the possibility to participate in development sessions & trainings
- Promotion of a healthy lifestyle in the office (fruits twice a week in the office, gym, massage chairs)
- Employee Assistance Program
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.