State Street Global Advisors is a global leader in providing investment management services to clients worldwide. With ~$4.1 trillion of assets under management, SSGA has the size, scale and global perspectives to provide insightful solutions to meet the requirements of our clients. Please visit www.statestreet.com for further corporate reports and press releases.
As the industry pioneer of the global ETF market, SSGA launched the first US listed ETF in 1993 (SPDR S&P 500) and has remained on the forefront of responsible innovation, evidenced by the introduction of many ground-breaking products, including first-to-market launches with gold, international real estate, international fixed income, and sector ETFs. SSGA has almost $700 billion in global ETF assets.
State Street Global Advisors’ Internship Overview
State Street Global Advisors’ Internship Program provides an excellent opportunity to work and learn about our organization, our culture and how we do business on a day-to-day basis. Our 6 months paid internship program allow you get firsthand experience in one of the SSGA divisions:
The SPDR Group is managing a family of the world’s largest exchange trade funds. You will join one of SPDR’s teams: The SPDR ETF Strategy & Research Team in Europe aims to be an indispensable link between Distribution and Investment worlds to help share information about market developments and how they impact our range of funds and help investors know about these. Our mission is to use market and economic information to explain how specific strategies may deliver in different environment and what sets our SPDR ETFs apart. We work with a variety of technologies and a very diverse dataset.
SSGA’s EMEA Institutional Client Group (ICG) is responsible for all institutional client facing activities in the EMEA, including new business development, relationship management, client service and client on-boarding. In this role you will work the team, focusing on providing strategic business intelligence to senior management and driving sales effectiveness, efficiencies in servicing clients and enhancing the client experience, first line of defense supervisory controls and client contracting.
The Global Institutional Group (GIG) Request for Proposal (RFP) intern will work as part of a global team and support / learn production of strategic proposal submissions and sales collateral for new business prospects and revenue growth related activities, as well as project manages formal Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and related inquires/events.
The Chief Administration Officer (CAO) area is responsible for global infrastructure including all operations, technology, data management, global hubs and transformation. The intern will work and learn within operations focusing on process improvements and automations initiatives as a part of global team. This is a great opportunity for someone with technical skills and automations mindset to challenge outdated processes and contribute with improvements.
Start Date: ASAP
Key requirement for the internship
- Last year of studies for Master's degree in a quantitative subject preferred (e.g. Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Econometrics, Computer Science or similar).
- Proficient English (B2 level minimum)
- Interest in investment management, including asset allocation strategy and implementation of investment views.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong detail-orientation, analytical and problem solving skills
- Some experience of optimization techniques.
Division-specific skills required for SDPR’s ETF Strategy support
- Working towards a Bachelor's/Master's degree in an economic or quantitative subject (e.g. Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Databases or similar).
- Strong Excel Skills. Ability to work with large datasets.
- Experience with PowerPoint is a plus.
- Passionate about financial markets.
- Willingness to learn, “can do” attitude and focus on efficiency.
- Participation in a CFA program would be a plus.
For GIG RFP and Sales support:
- Knowledge of or experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce is preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with key stakeholders, strong written and oral communication.
- Developed interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to detail
- Strong communication skills with the ability to question the “status quo”
- Able to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines under pressure
- Excellent relationship skills with the ability to work effectively within a team
For ICG client service support:
- Additional languages would be a benefit (Italian, German, French)
- Analytical and research skills
- Ability to quickly problem solve in demanding environment
- Handle difficult relationships or situations with appropriate care and responsiveness
- Creative and upbeat with strong work ethic and intellectually curious
- Strong interpersonal skills and detail-orientation
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Capability to take ownership and initiative, to negotiate, influence and build consensus
For CAO process improvement and automation support:
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- VBA or Python programming language
- Ability to work independently
- Process mapping and process improvement skills
- Identifying processes that can be automated and work with team leads and process owners
For ERM support:
- Strong technical skills and willingness to use technology and systems to build value adding risk monitoring processes and reporting.
- Understanding of financial markets and instruments and a good grasp of investment products
We are looking for candidates, who can potentially be hired for permanent position and will be available for full-time job.