Data Mesh Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a talented, software engineer that wants to get closer to the business? Are you passionate about data and how it can be used in investing? If so, we need people like you to help us:
• Build solutions to collect, enrich and automate data for use in customer experience enhancement, and alpha generation
• Creation of new capabilities and modules in our data pipeline
• Develop application and data visualization solutions, as well as looking to build out a dynamic platform
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
A group based around Data and Artificial Intelligence (ADA), looking at what is available when you take an un-siloed approach to information from the trading floor. We thrive on innovation and work as a within a well-established and well-funded investment bank. We specialize in various analytical techniques which could include web harvesting, geospatial, social media, market research, and data science, but will start with the proprietary information which is already contained within the bank. You will be joining a team of ex-traders, quants and programmers that are helping to scale and build the business. The team partners with different teams across the Investment Bank, and with clients, to develop innovative data pipeline solutions and expand the department into new areas. We will have both a clear revenue, and a clear cost saving monetary attribution
• Strong Java and/or Python skills
• Proven track record of delivering complex software applications
• Bachelor’s degree in STEM or finance related disciplines
• Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize issues
• Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and customer service skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills (data analysis and requirement documentation)
• Outstanding data skills (Excel, SQL, Data Visualization)
• Experience with working in Azure and distributed computing frameworks is a plus
• Familiar with working in an agile team, using tools such as Gitlab, Nexus, NPM
• eTrading and finance experience useful but not essential
• Prior experience of working within Investment Banking or Hedge Fund industries is a plus ready to join a fast growing team in a dynamic and challenging environment
• relentless in pursuing new ideas and self-improvement
• Ability to self-manage and prioritize workload
• Able to persevere through technical issues a team player willing to learn / share solutions and best practices from your colleagues performance and detail-oriented
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.