Junior Infrastructure DevOps Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a DevOps engineer with experience with on-prem and Cloud based projects? Do you like setting up CICD and deployment processes for applications? Are you confident in delivering the objectives within highly complex projects?
We’re looking for DevOps Engineer to:
• propose and implement systems enhancements
• monitor usage and performance, and troubleshoot server and software issues
• analyze complexity and feasibility of new or changed requirements
• within specified architecture, define platform requirement sizing and controlling components
• plan, evaluate, migrate, develop, implement, configure, test and roll out systems (hardware or software, networks, controls)
• analyze outages and defective states, initiating and monitoring measures to remedy them
• install and administer Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools
You'll be working in the DevOps Platforms team. It's part of Automation Services engineering team, as part of the global Technology Services division. You’ll be focusing on DevOps tools engineering, Azure infrastructure. The team is truly agile and distribute across multiple locations, as a result you will gain valuable experience working with world-class IT and Banking expertise (including Europe, US and APAC). Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients
• knowledge of RedHat Linux and Solaris x86 Unix environments with strong scripting skills
• any experience as one of these tools: GitLab / Azure Kubernetes Service / TeamCity / Jenkins / Nexus Pro administrator with installation experience
• working experience in configuring project build automation using Maven, Gradle, etc.
• knowledge of Continuous Integration build chain and the tools and development processes behind
• analytic and problem solving skills
• any experience for the following is a plus
• monitoring and tuning the CI environment to ensure high availability, efficiency, scalability and traceability
• expanding the adoption and integration of CI build chain
• improving degree of automation for repetitive tasks and reporting
• providing evaluation, assessment and proposal on new tools and plugins
• passionate of DevOps with good vision and knowledge of Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment
• aware of security-related risk in large infrastructure environments
• an excellent communicator, with persuasive presentation skills
• customer orientated and focused on service quality
• always professional (but you have the human touch)
• a multitasker, well organized and able to thrive when no two days are the same
• fluent in English
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.