The State Street Global Advisors Legal Department provides strategic advice and counsel to SSGA’s business and control teams. We partner closely with these teams to find strategic solutions for our clients and contribute to the overall success of the firm. We seek to apply the highest standards of judgement, integrity and ethical leadership. We are seeking an Officer level employee who can excel in this environment. In this role, you will be responsible for providing legal support, advice and counsel in respect of State Street Global Advisors’ EMEA business.
Specific duties may include:
- Providing support in respect of SSGA’s trading and investments related activities including amending trading agreements such as ISDAs and GMRAs.
- Providing support in respect of class action enrolments for SSGA pooled funds.
- Drafting intra-group agreements relating to services provided by SSGA legal entities to other group entities.
- Providing support in respect of SSGA’s pooled fund and separately managed account services, as required.
- Working closely with a global team of SSGA lawyers, investment professionals and other individuals within the business.
- Providing legal support in respect of activities of other SSGA EMEA legal entities, as required.
- Legal qualification would be preferable. Prior financial experience, whether gained in a law firm and/or in-house bank/investment manager legal department, would also be preferable.
Specific Technical Qualifications/Skills
- Fluent in English
- Service-oriented and results-focused
- Ability to work independently but also thrive in a global, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to nuance approach/negotiation style, as appropriate
- Strong organisational skills, ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Commercial and risk awareness – the ability to solve problems, not create them whilst appropriately taking into account potential risks
- Dynamic, flexible and enthusiastic