Overall Job Purpose
Majorel is seeking discerning individuals to discover and analyze OSINT threats. The individual has to understand the basics of cyber security that are discussed in the news, sec reports and hacking forums.
You will be uncovering new threat sources and examining them, and working with various TIPs (Threat Intelligence Platforms). The latter include constantly giving constructive feedback to the TIP engineers in order to improve the vendor products Majorel is working with.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Find and filter new leads, intel sources and types of sources.
- Find and notify new abuse types that have not been covered yet.
- Leverage every type of intel source.
- Build new search queries for the team.
- Contribute by evaluating vulnerability reports from external researchers to identify risks to products and users.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups such as Information Security Engineering, Product Teams, Trust & Safety, Privacy Working Groups, and Legal to address, understand, and mitigate potential threats.
- Escalate and log relevant findings using internal tools
Required Qualifications & Experience
- BA/BS degree (Political Science, Journalism, Digital Media or related field is preferred over others)
- At least 1-2 year of experience in a Cyber intel gathering capacity
- Fluent in cyber security terminology, such as types of malware and TTPs
- Work experience with Excel, Datastudio and / or other analysis and visualization tools.
- Work experience and good understanding of the hacking forums and cyber crime structure and ecosystem - including the hacking lingo in their respective languages
- Experience with working on TIPs (Threat intelligence Platforms), as a quality evaluation analyst and well as on the user side.
- Excellent familiarity with security news sources
- Experience with monitoring social media channels and repositories such as Twitter and Github.
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), with a proven ability to work successfully with cross-functional teams with senior stakeholder and executive visibility
- Very strong and proven independence and resourcefulness
- Strong problem solving skills
- Calm under pressure, with an ability to function well in urgent, developing situations
- Interest and curiosity towards the cyber security world
- Proven ability to deliver highest quality results while paying strict attention to detail, juggling multiple projects at once
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to meet changing business needs
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills and the ability to work effectively with remote teams
- Ability to meet deadlines with competing priorities
- Interest in information security, a passion for learning, and staying up-to-date on latest infosec news
- Experience with reading and analyzing security reports
- Understanding of the nuances in the Russian hacking ecosystem and blackmarket.
- Understanding the nuances, pros and cons of sec intel sources
- Intermediate IT skills with the ability to quickly learn new tools
- Proven track record of an investigative, data-driven approach to answering complex questions
- Familiarity with Internet technologies and related policy and regulatory environments a plus
- Public speaking / Briefing experience is a plus
- Track record of high quality security and abuse research on various platforms.
- Code reading comprehension.
- Basic understanding of cloud and web application technologies.
- Knowledge of common cyber abuse Techniques, Tactics, and Procedures (TTPs): DDoS, crypto-jacking, illegal streaming, traffic pumping, port scanning, DDoS, intrusion attempts, C2, malware and phishing, etc.
- Full working proficiency in English and Russian
- Research Oriented
- Solutions Orientated
- Customer Focus
- Organisation & Planning
- Results Orientated
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solving & Information Gathering
- Resilience & Adaptability
Equal Opportunities at Majorel
Majorel is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Majorel are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to gender, age, ethnicity, race, nationality, religion, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status or any other basis as protected by local law.
Majorel and its employees do not tolerate, engage in, or support Human Trafficking, Forced Labour or Child Labour of any kind through Majorel’s activities, including in its supply chain, or assist Majorel clients or any other party in doing so.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.