Internal Audit – Issues Remediation Reviewer
Job Reference #
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Do you enjoy investigating complex issues / situations and proposing solutions?
We're looking for someone who can:
• provide independent assurance on the design, operating effectiveness and sustainability of remediation of issues related to the different business areas within UBS;
• review remediation steps submitted by management for issue closure to assess whether these have addressed the risk(s);
• document and communicate review conclusions;
• engage with internal and external stakeholders on issues identified in different areas.
You will be working in Group Internal Audit (GIA) Issue Assurance Team, in Fabryczna Office Park, Krakow, Poland. You will gain insight into a wide variety of business topics, processes and functions, and leverage your knowledge and understanding to perform reviews of remediation provided by management.
GIA is an independent function that supports UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management, and the control environment within all Business Divisions and Group Functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board and the Audit Committee.
• 1-4 years of experience in an audit, or similar role in financial institutions or banks, and
• working experience in one of the business areas of the financial institutions, as an example, experience with AML, KYC would be an asset, but also experience in investment banking, IT, HR, vendor risk management etc. will be considered;
• understanding of key risks and control environment;
• excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to tailor style to your audience;
• curious and willing to grow understanding of various business areas;
• inquisitive, able to challenge effectively and convey findings and messages in succinct and convincing way;
• capable of using data analytics;
• committed team player and reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.