Software Developer (Backend)
Amway is a large multinational family-owned consumer goods company and the leading direct selling company worldwide. Amway offers more than 450 high-quality products and innovative solutions in the categories of nutrition, beauty, and home care exclusively through independent distributors and the own webshop. The company was founded in 1959 in Ada, United States, and operates in more than 100 countries generating revenue of 8.9 billion USD in 2021. Amway’s top-selling brands are Nutrilite™ vitamin, mineral, and dietary supplements, ARTISTRY™ skincare and color cosmetics, and eSpring™ water treatment systems.
Purpose of the Role:
This is a newly formed team responsible for delivering the Creators content backend that will be powering a new mobile experience and web utilities targeted for all of our customers across the globe for engaging social communities and programs. We are a cross-functional product team with full accountability for our products. We are embracing DevOps and automation, we’re constantly learning, and are focused on delivering products that our engineers and customers love at the speed they need them.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a Software Developer to join a team that is focused on creating a platform to support a next generation mobile experience and community experience to support our customers across the world. You’re an experienced full-stack developer with a passion for quality, craftmanship and owning products holistically. You strive to enable others around you to do their best work, and love to innovate on technology to improve engineering productivity.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related experience with 2+ years of industry experience.
- Familiarity with Apache Kafka and event-driven architecture.
- A solid grasp of GitHub and CI/CD principles.
- Experience in AWS cloud technologies.
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems.
- Experience designing robust APIs exposed via REST and GraphQL is a plus.
- Experience with designing for observability and resiliency.
- Willingess to co-lead complex development efforts (distributed, multiple layers) consisting of geographically disbursed team members.
- Champion for architectural excellence.
- Proven examples of identifying, recommending, and implementing technolgy advancements.
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Collaborative – You work jointly with other team members to design, build, and support solutions.
- T-shaped – You have a broad range of technical skills, with intent to grow into a Subject Matter Expert in one or more areas.
- Adaptable – You are flexible and able to adjust to new technologies and priorities quickly.
- Curious – You are eager to learn and experiment.
- Entrepreneurial – You seek out innovative solutions and opportunities for improvement.
- Team-oriented – You actively contribute to group and organizational goals.
- Committed to excellence – You hold yourself and others to high standards of performance and quality.
What can you expect from us?
- Online recruitment process
- Hybrid Work model & Flexible Working Hours
- Private medical care in LuxMed Group
- MyBenefit Cafeteria Platform (with Multisport card available)
- Group Life Insurance after probation period
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Additional two days off per year for voluntary activities of your choice
- Employee discount for high-quality Amway products
- Annual Bonus depending on the yearly company and individual performance
- Various portfolio of internal&external trainings: professional certifications, access to e-learning platform
- Language courses co-financed by us
- Possibility of growth inside of organization
- International team environment Relocation package for candidates outside Poland
- Numerous company events and office initiatives
- Family atmosphere with no formal dress-code
- Attractive office location in the heart of Krakow (High 5ive, Pawia street)
How to apply
If you are interested in this job, please send your application via "Apply" button.