Transformation Legal Counsel 60%-100%
Poland, Switzerland - Central Plateau, Switzerland - Ticino, Switzerland - Western Switzerland, Switzerland - Zürich
Job Reference #
Biel / Bienne, Genève, Kraków, Lugano, Zürich
Full Time, Part Time
Are you a versatile, hands-on person with a flair and talent for legal as well as organizational, transformational and technology topics? Would you like to analyze new digital banking products and services from a legal perspective, working on the implementation of such new banking products and services, strategic projects and initiatives while also carrying-out day-to-day topics related to UBS’ universal bank activity in Switzerland? Then it is you we are looking for! With immediate effect, we offer you a varied and interesting position within Legal Switzerland.
• You are involved in the development and implementation of new banking products and services, strategic initiatives and projects related to UBS’ offering to private and corporate clients in Switzerland, in particular in the fields of digitization and bringing the bank to the app, platform economy and for instance integration of ESG related aspects.
• You elaborate and implement together with colleagues from other relevant functions necessary changes required from an organizational and procedural perspective in relation with the afore-mentioned fields of activity.
• You analyze and develop together with colleagues from the legal function and our internal partners organizational measures, technical tools and new ways of working to further improve the efficiency and client-centricity of Legal Switzerland, in particular in connection with the above-mentioned new banking products and services.
• You accompany and guide the front units as well as other functions, namely Compliance and Operations, with creative and constructive legal advice in the development and implementation of pragmatic solutions.
• You analyze legal and regulatory issues in the fields of private and corporate clients in Switzerland. This covers a wide range from contract, financial market, civil and corporate law to criminal and enforcement law.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You are part of Legal Switzerland with colleagues in Geneva, Lugano and Zurich. We are all open-minded, experienced and are glad to address the challenges upcoming in a constantly changing legal, regulatory and economic environment. In a spirit of partnership, we advise and support our UBS internal stakeholders on legal and regulatory aspects of retail and corporate banking in Switzerland. We work across Swiss language borders, but we also use English regularly. We appreciate and cultivate the exchange when we work together from the office, but also the flexibility of working from home.
• You have a law degree from a Swiss university, supplemented by bar admission in Switzerland and ideally an additional relevant further education such as LL.M., CAS, DAS, MAS, CFA.
• After admission to the bar, you have gained professional experience, ideally in the financial sector or in a law firm and with some exposure to transformational, processual and/or digital topics.
• You have a good knowledge of, and an interest in, banking, civil and commercial law topics, you enjoy familiarizing yourself with new areas of law and like to deal with complex legal and regulatory as well as organizational and procedural topics.
• You are fluent in a Swiss national language as well as English. In addition, you feel comfortable orally and in writing in a second Swiss national language.
If we have raised your interest, then apply to us. You are also welcome to visit us for a coffee and an informal exchange with one or two colleagues.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.