Credit Risk Model Developer – Credit Risk Methodology
Job Reference #
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, global, and challenging environment? Are you experienced in quantitative modeling? Are you interested in credit risk?
We're looking for someone like you to:
• use techniques from quantitative risk management, financial mathematics, and econometrics to develop and maintain rating and LGD models used for Basel III Pillar 1 capital requirement, CCAR and IFRS9
• collaborate with Risk Officers, Business Managers, Risk IT, Change Operations and other stakeholders to support the proper implementation and execution of risk models as well as regulatory exercises
• present methodologies to management and regulators for approval
• contribute to the documentation of models, data, and system improvement
You will be working within the Credit Risk Methodology PD, LGD & Capital IB team in Kraków, Poland, which is part of UBS group-wide Risk Methodology. As a Credit Risk Modeler, you will be delivering best-in-class credit risk models applied in the Investment Bank.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their application
• excellent coding skills, preferably in R
• a Master's or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Financial Engineering, Physics)
• prior work experience in model development or validation
• strong problem-solving skills and attention to details
• fluent in English, both in oral and written form
• having certifications like FRM, CFA, CQF, etc. is a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.