Who are we looking for?
The Fund Accounting Operations Senior Expert who will be directly responsible for leading projects, performing team and department level analysis of the process and assets, running initiatives related to all aspects of the business at departmental level. You will closely cooperate with Fund Accounting Manager (Officer), provide technical support for Team Coordinator (Senior Associate) and teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
Why is this role important to us?
State Street gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, State Street tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
Your new role
This role can be performed fully remotely from home within Poland area or your can work from the Kraków or Gdańsk office in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. The teams start their work between 06:00 AM and 11:00 AM.
As a Fund Accounting Operations Senior Expert you will:
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with the client areas in Europe.
- Assume responsibility for all Fund Accounting operational tasks.
- Maintain managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the Fund Group.
- Act as escalation point for technical issues encountered in the daily business.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the clients and deliver quality service.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific Fund Accounting projects (new business development review, planning & roll out).
- Ensure Senior Fund Accounting Manager & Donor site CRM are adequately updated on a regular basis regarding all aspects of your clients’ accounts, highlighting all potential risks with possible solutions in a timely manner.
- Coordinate project within your department but also across departments, seek for standardization and potential efficiencies.
- Attend service calls as required and plan accordingly for confirmed projects. Act as primary liaison for Fund Accounting activities.
- Continually review the Operating Environment & implement improvements where necessary.
- Where client initiatives involve the need to amend the current process, liaise with the appropriate Staff Members/Client Relationship Managers to ensure full understanding of current vs. future state and potential gaps/business impacts that may require project support.
- Identify issues and problems with client delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping Senior Fund Accounting Manager and CRM informed of issue. Record issues in an offline issues log and track progress (action plan).
- Assist as Subject Matter Expert during Clients’ visits or projects where technical knowledge of the process is required.
- Take a lead on Departmental projects maintaining close contact with the team Senior Associate, Senior Fund Accounting Manager & CRM, briefing him/her on all issues and problems both actual and potential.
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Excellent communication, organisational and report writing skills
- Displaying organizational insight & influence
- Fostering collaboration & team work
- Proactive approach
- Collaboration & team work
- Self-motivation & enthusiasm
- Leading / Motivating skills
- Trustworthiness, self-reliance & flexibility
- Availability to start work between 6:00 – 11:00 am
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in the provision of fund administration services or in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel
- Good command of English language
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Multisport Plus card and social fu
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs