Tech Site Reliability Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you an expert when it comes to tools like Tumbleweed/SFTP or any other file-transfer enterprise products? Do you have a track record of influencing senior IT stakeholders and business partners? Do you have proven ability to solve complex issues, covering both technical and business needs?(50%)
Ideal candidate must have proven credentials of delivering in world class engineering teams having 6+ years of relevant experience. With a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent discipline, he/she must have relevant experience fulfilling responsibilities of the position. Must be a confident self-starter with ability to collaborate and devise solutions. Relevant industry certifications are an added plus. Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks is required.Perform tasks of a Site Reliability Engineer(50%)
At UBS we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We count on our site reliability engineers (SREs) to empower our users with a rich feature set, high availability, and stellar performance level to pursue their missions. As we expand our customer deployments, we are currently seeking an experienced SRE to deliver insights from massive scale data in real time. Specifically, we are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction.
• Basic understanding of Tumbleweed/SFTP Administration
• Experience with distributed storage technologies like NFS, HDFS etc. as well as dynamic resource management frameworks (Kubernetes, Yarn)
• A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
• Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
• Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
• Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
• Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
• Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
• Experience in Automation Tools like IPSoft, Automation Anywhere & UI Path
• Familiarity with ITIL Concepts
A fixed 24/7 shirt rota and weekend working as required, compliance with operational / change management etc. for Tumbleweed/File Transfer products.
Proactively gather requirements and deal with the bugs reported, and provide analysis around any problems. Deliver high quality automation solution accordingly in line with Barclays’ standards, policies and procedures. Attend conference calls on high severity incidents.
Undertake root cause analysis to deliver resolution to problems and recurring faults
Involvement in SRE & automation activities, ensuring the technical deliveries are delivered on time as scheduled and resourced appropriately; and the correct level of technical information is available to ensure successful implementation.
Ongoing review, QA and influence of internal processes, technical approaches and component-level build processes.
Engineering of solutions for Middleware Inventory, compliance reporting, vulnerability management & entitlement server.
• Basic education / apprenticeship
• Basic understanding of Tumbleweed/SFTP Administration
• Knowledge of middleware products and their coherence with the Infrastructre that include and not limited to OS, Storage, ,N/W, DB etc.
• To develop and implement services that improve IT and support teams
• Operating system skills like Unix, Linux, Windows desirable
• Database: Oracle 11g & 12c, Postgres SQL, Cassandra, MS SQL Server, Enscribe, DB2, MSSQL, Enscribe, MongoDB
• Cloud & Other: AWS, AZURE
• Scripting – sql, powershell, pl/sql, bash
• CI/CD – Rundeck, terraform, svn, Jenkins, vxpipeline, maven, bitbucket, git, ansible, artifactory
• Integration – kafka, ibm mq
• Compute: Redhat openshift, vmware/esx, Kubernetes, containers – docker/podman, hp nonstop
• Middleware File Transfer: SFTP/Tumbleweed
• Networking – tcp/ip, load balancer
• Streaming Technologies: Kafka
• Monitoring; Netcool, Appdynamics, Loom, Moogsoft, splunk
• Knowledge of MicroServices Archtitecture
• Knowledge of Data Science and Machine Learning
• Previous success in technical engineering
• Coding experience beyond simple scripts
• Ability to work and adapt to an increasingly global operating model.
• The implementation of strategies that increase system reliability and performance
• Ability to solve complex issues, good at problem statement analysis and solution design thinking
• Building proprietary tools from the scratch to mitigate weaknesses in incident management or software delivery
• Capable of understanding client needs and translating this into products and services
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.