Internal Auditor - Global Wealth Management
Job Reference #
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Do you have specific experience in wealth management risk and control assessment? Can you investigate complex situations and propose solutions?
We’re looking for a Global Wealth Management Auditor who can:
• conduct or work on audits of our Global Wealth Management business area primarily, provide practical, innovative and value-added solutions to issues identified;
• analyse and assess risks arising from both the business and support functions (investment suitability, supervision, cross-border, AML and KYC), assumed by both the business and support functions;
• identify and evaluate the effectiveness of controls designed to address those risks;
• document and communicate audit issues, root causes and risks, and prepare reports of audit findings for UBS senior management;
• develop recommendations for items that solution owners should consider when finalizing their action plans;
• review remediation actions submitted by the business for closure to assess whether these have addressed the original risks;
• complete quarterly continuous risk assessments of auditable areas;
• successfully collaborate with peers in and across divisional / functional audit teams regionally and globally.
You will be working in the GWM Europe audit team in Group Internal Audit team. GIA’s role, as an independent function, is to support UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management and the control environment within all business divisions and Corporate Center functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. Our team is responsible for auditing the Wealth Management business across Europe.
• a university degree
• proven experience of at least 5 years in Audit, compliance or internal risk management areas within the financial industry. This experience could have been gained at a consulting firm or in an internal audit function;
• a detailed understanding of banking and wealth management operations and regulations, including Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Customer;
• great communication skills, willingness to challenge and be challenged;
• strong analytical skills and willingness to keep up with industry, regulatory developments and learn new concepts and methods.
• reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues;
• able to quickly understand complex processes and challenge the status quo, identify risks and inadequacies in procedures;
• risk focused, and capable of using data analytics to gain insights into transactions, clients, and investment products;
• a flexible and committed team player willing to travel to other UBS locations for audit assignments;
• curious and willing to discover all aspects of the bank, with the ambition to advance your career in an international environment;
• fluent in English with excellent verbal and written skills. Proficiency in German, French and/or Italian would be considered as an asset;
• willing to travel at least 30% of the time, mainly in other Wealth Managements Europe's locations.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.