Site Reliability Engineer – DevOps Services
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you like to work and explore multiple, complex IT technologies? Do you have analytical mindset? Are you at your best when supporting others? Do you have strong interpersonal communication and independent problem-solving skills? Do you look for improvements in day-to-day activities?
We are looking for someone like that, who can help us with following key tasks:
• Become applications SME and troubleshoot application issues, collaborating with Development teams
• Engineer out manual efforts by identifying the scope for and implementing automations
• Define workarounds for known errors and initiate process improvements
• Build the team’s capability though continuous knowledge sharing and write technical documentation
• Effectively communicate with business and technical partners in everyday tasks (new requirements, Incidents, requests, reports of ongoing activities, etc.)
You will be part of high-performing team of experts supporting DevOps Services at the brink of Operations SRE transition. You will meet committed, quality driven technical team understanding and supporting Unix and Windows components building together environments for the supported applications (i.e. GitLab, Puppet/Ansible; Build, Deploy, Testing Apps). Moreover, you’ll have a chance to be at the very center of the Azure Cloud transformation in the Bank, supporting the critical toolset for the technological shift.
• 2-4 years of hands-on experience of Infrastructure Knowledge: Unix & Windows servers and Virtualization.
• 1+ years of work experience with DevOps tools for Code Build & Version Control, Test and Deployment.
• 1+ years of PostgreSQL experience will be an added advantage.
• Experience in monitoring applications/processes using AppDynamics will be an advantage.
• Experience with scripting and Cloud (Azure Preferable) will be an added advantage
• ITIL and Software Development Lifecycle Knowledge desired
• Experience with Incident and Change Management will be an added advantage.
• Comfortable in working closely with other team members, engineers and across teams.
• Ability to prioritize your own workload and work with minimal supervision when required.
• Comfortable in an agile and fast-moving environment.
• Capable of continuous learning and knowledge sharing.
• Basic understanding of Banking or Financial sector is a plus
• University degree in Computer Science or formal sciences field.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.