Senior Java Software Engineer at WMA
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We are looking for someone to join the Wealth Management Americas (WMA) Technology team to help us focus on the new multi-year technology initiative to revamp and enhance our Field Technology platform.
We’re looking for someone like you who can:
• work on the delivery of the strategic Field Technology solution, which is the core toolset used by the WMA advisors, support staff, and home office.
• interface with key parts of the technology organization, including other WMA development teams, Infrastructure Services, and QA teams
• own and driving key technical deliverables
You'll be working in the team in Wroclaw. Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• 5+ years of development experience in Java/JEE
• hands on design and development using Java, Spring, Struts or similar framework, Junit and relational Databases e.g. Oracle, Sybase
• experience in building REST APIs.
• familiarity with Microservices architecture (Spring Boot)
• practice in java design patterns, clean code rules and good quality approaches
• familiarity with security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, JWT, Spring Security, web service proxies, firewalls and multi-protocol gateways
• experience with the full software development life cycle including both traditional waterfall and agile methodologies
• source code management using Git and related tools
Nice to have:
• experience with performance tunning
• experience with DevOps
• knowledge and experience of modern UI frameworks React, Angular and scripting languages e.g. PERL, bash
• knowledge and experience of cloud related technologies: MS Azure, AKS, AWS or GCP
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.