Quantitative Analysis, Research
Global Wealth Management
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about directly impacting the business by utilizing analytical and machine learning skills? Do you want to play a key role in mining large datasets, build advanced statistical models to generate meaningful and actionable insights, improve decision making, optimize the business process, and help address business problems?
We are looking for Data Scientists:
• work with stakeholders to identify opportunities to leverage data to address business problems and drive business results
• mine and analyze data from various data sets to provide actionable insights
• build and deploy machine learning and statistical methods to optimize the business process and help with targeted marketing and sales efforts
• develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
• produce relevant documentation related to model performance, model review and model governance.
You will be part of the Data Science team in Smart Technologies and Advanced Analytics Team (STAAT), WMA. Our Data Science team is at the heart of STAAT’s function to manage and support data science efforts across different business areas. Our team is global based in US, Poland, China, and Switzerland.
Depending on your skill set and interests you’ll be assigned to one of the projects we are working on daily, from two areas:
• BS or MS or PhD in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related STEM fields
• ideally 5+ years of relevant or equivalent experience, experience in finance industry (especially banking area such as consumer banking, business banking, commercial banking, credit card, merchant services, private banking, etc.) is a plus
• knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques such as classification, clustering, optimization, Random Forest, PCA, XgBoost, natural language processing, deep neural network, etc. Good understanding of mathematical underpinning and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
• experience in Survey Analysis and deriving insights from surveys
• hands on experience of using programming languages (Python, R, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data, develop models and derive insights
• hands on experience of database and analytical technologies in the industry, such as Greenplum, DB2, Dataiku, Hadoop, etc.
• hands-on experience deploying analytical models to solve business problems
• ability to develop experimental and analytical plans for data modeling processes and A/B testing
You’ll be able to witness day to day work of a data scientist, including data collection and curation, exploratory data analysis, model training and delivery. Depending on the project you’ll be involved in, you’ll be able to participate in different stages of model development and interacting with internal clients from different divisions.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.