Aon Sp. z o.o.
Dutch Broking Team collaborates closely with the Dutch Teams consisting of brokers and consultants. We provide complex support in administrating client’s policies throughout the year and helping them make the best decisions.
The main activities include preparing renewal documents, analyzing membership data, performing calculations, preparing different kinds of reports, and making conclusions.
Our office is located in Cracow however in this role we are open to flexibility in terms of hybrid or fully virtual working arrangement.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
As a member of your team, you’d be responsible for providing administrative support in terms of available insurance policies by organizing, validating, and verifying the data as well as collaborating directly with the Dutch teams to deliver the best solutions available on the market.
- You’ll communicate and collaborate with insurers, clients and consultants in order to process the information from team to team,
- You’ll be responsible for gathering and organization of data so that Aon colleagues can review the Dutch insurance market,
- You’ll be working on and preparing reports concerning the current insurance market and processing documentation related to the chosen policies.
- You'll be coordinating the workload and manage of group of other broking specialists.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Evidence of an excellent customer service approach,
- At least 1 year of experience in managing group of 5 - 10 people
- Strong problem solving and decisions making skills
- English and Dutch level: at least B2+/C1 on CEFR Scale
- Ability to promote a spirit of shared responsibility within the team
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks at a time while paying strict attention to details
- Understanding of basic business and financial principles
- Very good command of MS Office tools (especially Excel)
- Ability to make decisions and improvements based on metrics
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate difficult messages
- Understanding of improvement and quality tools
- Good knowledge of change management techniques
- Basic knowledge of project management principles
- Strong ability to delegate tasks and execute results
- Very good organizational & time management skills
- Ability to deal with stress and tight deadlines
- Spotless record and strong ethos
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.