Quant Modelling Specialist
Job Reference #
Model assumptions, model selection, statistical tests, sensitivity analysis does it sounds familiar? Does complex modelling excite you?
We're looking for someone like that to:
• independently review Finance models (including but not limited to assessment of model theory, model assumptions, performance and implementation)
• contribute to development of benchmark models in Python
• engage with internal and external stakeholders from risk methodology, finance, risk control audit and regulators
• participate in key strategic and cross-functional projects
You will be working in the Model Risk Management & Control (MRMC) team in Kraków. We are a team of approximately 20 people, located in Zurich, London, Kraków and India, that is responsible for the independent validation of Finance models used within UBS. In particular, we validate models used for fair-value calculations (NAV, DCF, etc.) and business forecasting, and hedge-accounting models. We are also the MRMC interface for selected regulatory deliveries to our home regulator FINMA.
• knowledge of fundamentals of financial mathematics and stochastics calculus
• masters degree or PhD in a quantitative discipline (e.g. mathematics, physic)
• ability to analyse complex problems and critically assess financial models
• hands-on experience with Python and R
• strong verbal and written communication skills (English) with ability to effectively articulate ideas and analysis to senior management
• experience in similar quantitative role would be a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.