Software Engineer, (CDIO Group Finance)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build attractive digital products and services? Do you want to play a key role in transforming our firm into an agile organization?
At UBS, we re-imagine the way we work, the way we connect with each other – our colleagues, clients and partners – and the way we deliver value. Being agile will make us more responsive, more adaptable, and ultimately more innovative.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to:
• design, develop, and improve the digital products and technology services we provide to our clients and employees
• apply a broad range of software engineering practices, from analyzing user needs and developing new features to automated testing and deployment
• ensure the quality, security, reliability, and compliance of our solutions by applying our digital principles and implementing both functional and non-functional requirements
• build observability into our solutions, monitor production health, help to resolve incidents, and remediate the root cause of risks and issues
• understand, represent, and advocate for client needs
• share knowledge and expertise with colleagues , help with hiring, and contribute regularly to our engineering culture and internal communities.
• collaborate on innovative proofs-of-concept, pilots, minimum viable products, and business cases
• be a part of our Agile engineering community
You’ll be working in the CDIO Group Finance Planning & Forecasting crew, based in one of our global locations. You’ll be working in the Finance Planning & Forecasting Software Engineer Chapter
The role of the Finance function in UBS is to help make the right decisions, execute on these decisions and tell the stories of these decisions. Our technology provides the backbone for accurate and timely financial controls and reporting across all legal entities in the UBS Group. We work closely together with our product sponsors, crew product leads and colleagues to respond quickly to the needs of our Finance team, clients, regulators, and shareholders.
• bachelor degree or equivalent focusing on Computer Science/ Engineering/ Science, or a related field
• experience in a similar position focused on design, engineering and participating in all stages of the software development lifecycle (within the finance sector, preferred)
• interested in learning new technologies and practices, reuse strategic platforms and standards, evaluate options, and make decisions with long-term sustainability in mind
• knowledge and effective usage of Java, Python, Unix scripting, batch design, microservice architecture and Oracle, development using PL/SQL.
• experience in one of: Apache Spark or functional programming/Scala/Big data/Cloud(AWS/Azure)
• results-driven, comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
• fluent in English and a strong communicator, from making presentations to technical writing
• passionate about what you do
• T-shaped and well-rounded professionals who are deep experts in their core technologies and are open to acquiring new skills.
• we expect high proficiency in the following area:
• Java 8+/Spring Boot, JS/TS
• your core skills also include strong experience with:
• modern programming languages, SQL and noSQL databases
• cloud (e.g., Azure), Microservices, 12Factor patterns
• containers, DevOps, Automation, CI/CD Pipeline, K8s
• effective Unit Testing, Test Driven Development
• effective usage of OO Design Patterns and Data Structures
Knowledge in these areas would be beneficial:
• other languages, such as Pythion, Scala, C#, etc.
• data Science and ML (NLP, BERT, Recommendation models)
• web UI (e.g., React and JS/TS, HTML, CSS, Data visualization libraries)
• distributed elastic computing and Big Data (e.g., Spark, Databricks)
• messaging technologies (e.g., Kafka, Flink)
• business knowledge in the areas of Risk, Finance, Treasury, and Compliance
Don’t be discouraged if you are missing one or a few skills from the list – you will have many opportunities for getting up to speed with excellent UBS learning programs.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.