Chapter Lead and Infrastructure Engineer, Core Data Services
Poland, United Kingdom
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you an analytic thinker? Do you enjoy designing building and running the infrastructure services? Do you want to play a key role in transforming our firm into an agile organization and help drive the transformation to Cloud?
At UBS, we re-imagine the way we work, the way we connect with each other – our colleagues, clients, and partners – and the way we deliver value. Being agile will make us more responsive, more adaptable, and ultimately more innovative.
We’re looking for an Infrastructure Lead to:
• develop and improve infrastructure services such as hosting, compute, storage, networking, security, and end-user tools and devices
• provide infrastructure services that are easy to consume and efficient to operate, making effective use of cloud capabilities (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
• influence and guide application teams on pathways to use Cloud based services as part of re-engineering their technology estate
• ensure the quality, security, reliability, and compliance of solutions by applying our digital principles and implementing both functional and non-functional requirements
• build observability into our solutions, monitor production health, help to resolve incidents, and remediate the root cause of risks and issues
• be cost conscious focused, constantly challenging use of infrastructure and hosting services with the application teams
• identify opportunities to reduce hosting costs, using experience from operating and hosting applications both on premise and in Cloud
• manage the health of the application portfolio, driving the decommission of legacy applications
• partner with the wider Infrastructure Lead community within the organization’s Group Functions. (Risk, Finance, Treasury, HR, Compliance, Regulatory Control and Governance etc.)
• drive other capability wide programs aligned to UBS technology strategic initiatives, such as Levelling Up/Modern Tech, Obsolescence, End of Life etc
• learn new technologies and practices, reuse strategic platforms and standards, evaluate options, and make decisions with long-term sustainability in mind
In our agile operating model, crews are aligned to larger products and services fulfilling client needs and encompass multiple autonomous pods. You’ll be working in the Core Data Services CTO Centre of Excellence team, based in London or Krakow, focusing and supporting the teams delivering capabilities covering Reference Data, Data Management & Governance and Global Reconciliations.
This is a diverse, global team, who provided key services to the organizations Front Office and Control Functions.
• bachelor’s degree or equivalent focusing on Computer Science, Cloud Computing, or Information Systems.
• ideally 5+ years of experience as infrastructure engineer, hosting services with any experience in the Finance sector being a benefit
• strong communicator, from making presentations to technical writing
• proven experience of working with technology and business stakeholders
• key influencing and thought leadership skills, with ability to ‘think on feet’ to resolve challenges and issues
• experience of guiding and leading teams on Cloud transformations
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.