Senior Risk Analyst - Asset Management (US Time Zone Coverage)
Job Reference #
Are you interested in investment risk and credit risk? Do financial markets excite you? Do you enjoy discussing risks?
We’re looking for a Risk Analyst to do a blended role of Credit Risk and Market Risk and have the fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing team whilst developing yourself in market risk and credit risk management concepts. The portfolio coverage is predominantly US portfolios and US market. Responsibilities include:
• Monitoring of market risk exposures across client portfolios.
• Reviewing change drivers and factors across investment risk measures including tracking error, VaR, stress, liquidity, and many more.
• Provide risk analysis at the portfolio level and asset class level by determining the qualitative and quantitative factors driving change in risks and exposures across broad range of asset classes and financial instruments.
• Identify, summarise and provide input on key risks and performance of funds for reporting to management.
• Controlling quality and perform analytical review of the risk analytics produced such as stress, VaR modeling and testing; model validation support including data gathering.
• Support the review and approval of new product launches and assessment/approval of new funds and financial instruments.
• On-going monitoring of counterparty risk exposures and counterparties’ creditworthiness
• Analyse counterparty credit risk transactions
• Evaluate counterparties’ worthiness based on an analysis of both quantitative and qualitative factors
Data and Analytics:
• Performing investment risk and counterparty risk reporting and analytics
• Checking, validating, control the inbound/outbound flow and quality of data
• Data cleansing, enriching, verification, resolution of data issues that emerge
• Creating reports and views using Power BI, Tableau etc
You'll be working in the Risk Control team within Asset Management in Poland, Cracow. This global team oversees all business areas of Asset Management equities, fixed income, real estate, infrastructure, hedge fund and multi asset portfolios. You will be focusing on portfolios across these asset classes in coordination with the global asset class risk officers.
You’ll work in UBS Asset Management, a large-scale asset manager with well-diversified businesses across regions, capabilities and distribution channels. You’ll be a part of one of the leading fund houses in Europe, the largest mutual fund manager in Switzerland, and one of the largest fund of hedge funds and real estate investment managers in the world.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• A university degree in a numerical discipline, ideally mathematics, physics, finance or economics.
• 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in risk management and/or asset management.
• Willingness to work US time zone is essential.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of risk management techniques including concepts such as Value-at-Risk, Portfolio Theory and Stress testing.
• A great communicator and ability to respond quickly in a fast moving environment.
• A self-starter, proactive and able to adapt to evolving requirements and competing priorities.
• Team-orientated, while able to complete tasks independently, experience in leadership is a plus
• Interest in international financial markets, financial investments, risk management.
• Operations experience in data validation, exception handling and reporting with associated knowledge of risk management concepts advantageous.
Nice to have:
• CFA, CAIA, FRM, PRM or equivalent education programs completed or undergoing.
• Interest in automation tools like VBA macros in MS Excel, R, Python
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.