Unix/Linux Support Analyst
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? Are you someone who could multi-task in a rapid and fast moving environment? We’re looking for someone like that to:
• be a part of our IBIT EQ Derivatives Business Application Support team in Krakow, Poland.
• interact with front office Trading and Sales teams and associated Operations teams covering the region.
• you would have a high level of day to day interaction with the business stakeholders at all levels
• diagnose system problems, define and co-ordinate the implementation of solutions individually and with other development and support teams
• coordinate with different internal teams and/or external parties to conduct and manage special events such as BCP tests, infrastructure change weekends, data Centre maintenance, special trading days or exchange-mandated market rehearsals
• promote the overall stability of the systems through system monitoring, proper change control management, and implementation of best practices to maintain production environment
• conduct problem reviews with the relevant IT streams
The Europe Equities Derivatives support team is a 15+ members team part of the IB Hosting Services in EMEA. The team is responsible for supporting a suite of Trading, Quoting, Pricing, Trade Capture, and risk management applications used by the Equity Derivatives business. They are not only first point of contact for the end users , but also responsible for providing L2 support of the application suite .The team is complemented by a teams based out of ASIA, US for outside of EU support hours.
• knowledge of ITIL incident and problem management
• solid Unix and Linux knowledge and practical working experience including Shell scripting (Sun Solaris, Linux)
• basic knowledge in relational databases (Sybase, Oracle) / query (SQL)
• network (TCP/IP) is a plus
• knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl is a plus
• knowledge of the FIX protocol is a plus
• have worked in an Investment Bank front office environment before, preferably in the Equities Derivatives space as a desirable
• good problem solving and diagnostic skills
• ability to support and deliver a high quality service to the business
• ability to work under pressure and manage multiple, concurrent / conflicting priorities.
• self-driven, highly motivated and have very high standards concerning quality of service delivered and attention to detail, where they lead by example and expect the same behavior of other colleagues.
• a confident communicator that can explain technology to non-technical audiences
• capable of understanding client / end user issues and translating this into problem statement for further investigations within IT
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.