We are looking for a Compliance Coordinator to join our Product Compliance team in Poland.
A Compliance Coordinator at Amazon has multiple responsibilities including:
- To ensure that the imported products have been tested in certified laboratories and that they comply with the legal requirements of the importing country.
- To classify products based on their potential hazardous risk, for regulatory storage and transportation purposes.
- To take appropriate actions in order to protect customers from recalled or unsafe products.
- To identify and remove from the website products that violate our Restricted Products policies and proactively satisfy Amazon’s regulatory obligations for these products.
- To participate in projects within the team in order to improve optimization and standardization of global trade processes and best practices within Amazon’s internal businesses.
- Flexible working hours. 40 hour working week from Monday - Friday, with flexibility to start from 7am-10am.
- Work from Home options.
- Multisport card.
- Insurance and private healthcare.
- Internal Training programmes.
Key job responsibilities
The scope of your duties may include:
- Using a keen eye for detail on quality process issues and bringing your expertise to corrective actions
- Leveraging creativity and inspection to identify and improve processes.
- Informing through reporting across a plethora of stakeholders and leadership
- Leading document conversations and being active in customer meetings
- Mentoring those around you to train and develop skills
A day in the life
Please visit our dedicated Compliance Operations page for more information and check out our employee testimonials:
About the team
Amazon Operations sits at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. We look after everything from the moment a customer clicks buy, to the moment their item is delivered – from desktop to doorstep. Across Europe we have more than 50 fulfilment centers, hundreds of delivery stations, thousands of machines, and tens of thousands of employees, all working together in harmony to make sure the right item gets delivered to the right person, in the right place, at the right time.
In our buildings, millions of items are picked and packed by our employees every year. And on the road, our teams and partners work hard to make sure we get our customers what they want, when they want, wherever they are. We put the safety of our people above everything else, working in a modern, engaging environment as part of a team that welcomes individuality and diversity. The culture in our Operation is built on the way our teams’ bond and a work ethic that helps our business run like clockwork. We take real pride in a job well done, looking out for each other as we play our part in delivering the quality service Amazon is known for around the world.
Compliance Operations is a part of our Product Assurance, Risk & Security Team. We create the rules and procedures to classify all of our products according to internal requirements and legal regulations, using automation, technologies and data analysis to continuously improve the shopping experience. We are here to make sure Amazon customers are safe and informed by analyzing product import documentation, flagging risks and ensuring that transactions are legal and safe.
We are also responsible for keeping Amazon customers safe and informed by coordinating actions around product safety recalls. These actions include removing recalled/restricted products from the site and from our warehouses, and contacting customers with pertinent safety information.
The right candidate will have:
- Good skill in internet navigation and research - finding specific information about products in a timely manner
- Microsoft Office proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of English language and Swedish at minimum CEFR-level B1
- Experience working with data
- Knowledge of consumer product compliance processes and regulations