Amazon Trade Compliance is looking for a smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative candidate to join our team. The successful candidate shows excellent judgment and instincts in decision making and proactively and continually improves their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business, its platform, and relevant technologies. This is an exciting and challenging position that provides Trade Compliance support for the European Supply Chain team. This position will develop global strategy, build new solutions and processes, and support the ongoing operations for the global Trade Compliance program.
We are looking for a talented Customs Subject Matter Expert who has direct experience with global consumer trade regulations to support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses.
Key job responsibilities
- Driving continuous processes improvement/development including tools and automation
- Identifying gaps and providing improvement/optimization initiatives that work toward a metric improvement within processes/functions
- Developing processes or tool components with documented SOPs for new processes or activities undertaken by the team
- Analyzing data and being responsible for highlighting gaps, recommending solutions and influencing inter-function decisions
- Deep diving into problems, performing root cause analysis and identify constraints and recommend solutions to fix business problems
- Encourage continuous improvement and documenting any issues/action planning in functional area and own specific action or change recommended
- Create and maintain SOPs and supporting documents
- Taking part and facilitating weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews with internal and external stakeholders, customs brokers, communicating with authorities (customs, PGA) on processes and operations and represent data/metrics information.
- Owning and collaborating global standardization initiatives in Compliance organization
- Mentor/train team and new hires; suggest improvements to training
The right candidate will have:
- Trade Compliance and/or Supply Chain industry background, i.e. customs agent/officer, compliance specialist, customs operations
- Ability to analyze and identify patterns in large data sets
- Ability to make data driven decisions under pressure of time
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge and expertise of trade regulations impacting import to UK and EU
- Proven track of stakeholder management, i.e. vendors, logistics, procurement, legal
- Good knowledge of data analysis and visualization
- Project Management Certification (e.g. PMP, PRINCE)
- Direct experience with European consumer product regulations and testing processes.
- Previous experience in tech, textiles environment, electronics, consumer goods, or other fast-paced, technology driven businesses a strong plus.
- Proven track of owning, managing and delivering regional and/or global projects within Trade Compliance and/or Supply Chain environment
- Ability to work independently and autonomously