Risk Identification Analyst
Job Reference #
We're looking for a Risk Identification Manager like you to help us:
• support management from our global business division front office and control function teams to identify and evaluate key financial risks
• develop and maintain an enterprise-wide view of risk across all risk types, evaluating cross-divisional exposures, common risk drivers, macroeconomic considerations etc.
• protect the capital strength of our bank by working with modelling teams to confirm that key risks are adequately simulated under a range of adverse scenarios
• evaluate linkages and relationships between Risk Identification and several risk management frameworks and processes
• assess large data sets to perform granular risk analyses and developing quantitative impact assessments
• support our Head of Risk Identification in regulatory requirements and engagements
• prepare materials for presentation to front office, senior management, governing bodies (e.g. Front office executive committees, Risk committees)
• support project management, capital plan maintenance, responses to regulatory inquiries, and ad hoc initiatives to meet evolving internal stakeholder & regulatory expectations
• support the team in driving automation of existing manual processes through the design, creation and deployment of applications and develop supporting documentation
You’ll be working within our Firmwide Risk Identification team in our Krakow office. Our mandate is to maintain a best-in-class risk identification and assessment process and support our firm’s continued understanding and evaluation of its risks.
• an undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline; charter holder/professional certification preferred (e.g. FRM, PRM, CFA, ACCA, ACA)
• a minimum of 3 years of experience working in capital markets and/or consulting experience serving the financial services industry. Regulatory relationship management experience preferred but not essential
• experience/understanding of portfolio management/oversight, risk evaluation (e.g. credit, market, business risk), capital management and good understanding of risk metrics and measures related to both financial and non-financial risks
• excellent knowledge of financial products across investment banking, wealth management, personal banking services and investment management
• analytical skills specifically in data gathering including ad hoc research and analysis
• strong Microsoft Office and data visualization skills. Proficiency in coding and process automation, such as, Python, VBA, Power BI, Tableau, etc. preferred but not essential
• superior communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• superior relationship management skills, including ability to partner with and challenge senior business leaders to drive positive change
• thrive in a dynamic and unstructured environment; deliver results autonomously and in team setting
• strong process and project management skills, with the ability to execute against tight deadlines and to be agile in response to evolving requirements
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.