Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Are you motivated to work in a complex, diverse, and global environment? We are looking for a Software Engineer/Developer to:
• Provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• Analyse business requirements
• Design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern programming languages
• Providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new Kubernetes features and initiatives to support and enhance our existing deployments
• Conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
• See that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
• Lead a team of engineers
Serverless Computing is a global organization within the Hosting Services division of Technology Services, providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the Azure Kubernetes Service Engineering team, which has a global footprint and works with internal business clients and wider team members spread across the world. Together we drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations and support costs, by providing timely, robust, cost-effective solutions and products to our clients.
You will be working as part of the Technology division and will play an important role in the development of Azure Kubernetes Service for use across the bank. Teamwork plays a very important role and is pivotal to our success. We offer flexibility in the workplace and equal opportunities to all our team members.
• Experience in using Docker or a cloud-based container platform
• 3 + years - Excellent Engineering knowledge of Kubernetes in Cloud – Azure/AWX/Google within the finance sector using Kubernetes Policies (Open Policy Agent)
• 3+ years of sound knowledge in coding e.g. Python, PowerShell, Bash
• 3+ years developing CI/CD pipelines, GitLab, deep understanding of DevOps and DevOps tools / methodology and agile processes
• Experience leading a team of five or more people
• Know-how to apply standards, methods, techniques and templates as defined by our SDLC
• Produce secure and clean code that is stable, operational, consistent and well-performing
• Preferable previous experience in designing, planning and delivering solutions in a large scale enterprise environment
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred with a focus in Computer Science or related Science/Technology/Engineering field
• A committed and visionary team player with analytical and logical mind-set (you can solve problems like nobody’s business)
• Well organized with an innate sense of how to prioritize across a complex environment
• A hands-on person with natural instincts to support our customers
• Curious, collaborative and constantly interested in learning new things
• Highly fluent in written and verbal English and eager to work in an English Speaking Global Team
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.