Java Software Engineer (IB Technology)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a master of Java interested in the coming frameworks, tools and techniques? Do you know how to solve challenging problems in elegant ways? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
• lead a development team and deliver on the next generation implementation of digital solutions for our business
• drive technical specification and the component design
– develop the service-layer of a large-scale rich internet platform in collaboration with business analysts, client-side developers, database developers and quality assurance (QA) professionals
• master state-of-the-art technologies within a complex business domain
• share knowledge across the whole development community
• take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services (this is what drives you)
You’ll be working in a Mortgage Finance team based out of Wroclaw. This is a multiyear program of work which will involve working with cutting edge technology and engaging Front-to-Back across multiple teams and groups.
• experience in managing globally spread resources and knowing about possibly related cultural aspects
• strong experience with Java Enterprise and the Spring Framework (Container, MVC, JDBC)
• expertise in generic computing science including OOP modelling (UML, SOLID etc.), algorithms, data structures and design patterns
• clean coding and refactoring skills
– good knowledge of unit testing approach & frameworks (e.g. JUnit)
• experience with build tools like Maven, and development tools such as Eclipse, Git, Subversion, JIRA, TeamCity, Nexus
• proficiency with relational database concepts and interaction (JDBC, SQL, RDBMS)
• proficiency with UNIX and scripting (.ksh, perl etc.)
• experience with web servers running Tomcat & Apache
• know-how of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
• a strong communicator, fluent in English
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.