Java Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
We’re looking for a software engineer to:
• design, plan and deliver technology solutions that support UBS’s HR reporting & analytics processes
• analyse business requirements and translate these into solutions
• work on implementations, integrations and upgrades for Java applications
• provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of Software Development life cycle
• see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
You’ll be working in the HR People Analytics team. We provide a collaborative community. As a Software Engineer, you’ll play an important role within a diverse team on timely delivery of HR data analytics projects.
This is an exciting time to join HR Technology (CDIO) as you will be an essential part of our new digital and agile journey. You must be highly skilled and proficient in your area of expertise and contribute to our IT programs.
Our culture centers around being proud and driven by our curiosity. We are always looking to the future for inspiration and embracing challenges. We are entrepreneurial and leverage diverse skills, backgrounds and solutions to constantly improve and transform. We are outcome driven - We are responsible and focused on results and operational excellence. We work collaboratively to deliver a brighter future for our clients in partnership with our business. Your views and opinion matter and active dialogue and participation is encouraged.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• highly experienced in developing and maintaining Java applications with “full-stack” skills and knowledge
• strong skills in technologies such as Java/Tomcat/Red Hat Linux Enterprise(RHEL)
• ability to communicate in English at all levels of the organisation
• University degree or equivalent work experience with a focus in HR applications/solutions
Specific technical skills
• Required: Java, Apache Tomcat, Red Hat Linux Enterprise (RHEL).
• Desirable: Apache Solr Search, PostgreSQL databases, Agile methodologies, Cloud (e.g., Azure)
• Understanding of full stack (backend, frontend, network, OS, middleware, etc)
• Agile / Scrum methodologies
• Requirements analysis and documentation
• Functional and Technical Design
• SQL and Non-SQL databases
• Continuous Integration (for example: GitHub, GitLab, TeamCity, Nexus, Azure DevOps, SonarQube, Fortify, Terraform, Ansible)
• APIs (REST, SOAP) and API managers
• Unix Fundamentals
• On premise, SaaS and Cloud solutionsrid
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.