Application Technology Onboarding & Automation Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about Cloud Services? Are you motivated to work in a fast-paced complex, diverse and global environment? Are you able to design and engineer requirements for use cases in a fast and agile way to address business demand? We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our talented Cloud Application Technology Onboarding & Automation team.
The successful candidate will support the engineering and development of automation tooling as well as perform hands-on resolution of operational issues through use of such tooling. This scope covers our cloud service solutions, Microservice integration, API orchestration, Hybrid workflow automation between different platforms using tools such as Azure DevOps, ARM, PowerShell, Terraform, Gitlab, etc.,
You’ll be working in the Cloud Application Technology Onboarding & Automation team which is part of the Technology Services complex: Automation Services. In this position you will be responsible for driving and defining application technology onboarding framework and automations for Azure based cloud service solutions. Our team provides tooling that saves thousands of hours in BAU operations, drives down process waste benefiting UBS as a whole. You’ll play a significant role supporting our ‘Cloud First’ principle for application development and new technology adoption.
Your expertise and responsibilities will include, but are not exclusive to
• Exceptional knowledge in Azure control plane administration
• Expertise with azure network architecture, network rules, DNS, routing, topology.
• Best practices and reference architecture knowledge covering Azure core services including Networking, Storage, Database, Middleware, VM, Policies, RBAC & Identity Management etc.
• Broad knowledge of current Cloud solutions (SaaS, IaaS and PaaS); extensive partner/vendor management experience is welcomed.
• Monitor and respond to critical emails / issues of client and support on resolution on Azure
• Enable to develop / enhance support across the automation framework based on experience, best practices and general drive for excellence in service delivery
• CI/CD pipeline engineering with Azure DevOps - tools, orchestration and deployment
• Development skills for use with creation / enhancement of queries, ARM templates, JSON, programming languages to interface with various API's and multiple scripting languages e.g. Python and PowerShell
• Development of Infrastructure as Code for IAAS Windows & Linux, with Azure
• Develop / enhance management interfaces using native tooling and languages
• Delivering exceptional teamwork and influencing skills is critical to success in the role.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• Specialist Microsoft Azure certification e.g., Solution Architect, Administrator or DevOps
• Agile service management experience in running feature teams with Kanban, SCRUM or other Agile methodology.
• Strong understanding of Service Oriented and Microservices Architecture and best practices
• Understanding the operational tasks in supporting both hybrid and native cloud solutions with technical skills covering Microsoft cloud service offerings
• Practical experience with Cloud security and encryption, policies, tools and compliance
• Experience in best practices for iterative service release and communications
• Strong understanding of Service Management, CMDB and inventory best-practice
• Prosci and/or other organizational change management certification desired but not required
• Togaf and/or other enterprise architecture certification desired but not required
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.