Senior Software Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
You’ll be working in the Reference Data domain in Krakow. We analyze, develop and deliver global solutions to maintain or change our IT systems with our business counterparts. As a Senior software engineer you'll play an important role in ensuring the development methodology is followed, and lead technical design discussions with the architects.
DMG (also known as FXMM Gateway) is a corporate center Data Management application within Reference Data.
It is a FX static data hub and master which is:
- sourcing clients and account data via various upstream interfaces to enable foreign exchange (FX), money market (MM) and precious metal (PM) trade business with those clients
- providing regulatory eligibility rules and data classifications to enable pre-trade blocking of trade capture systems and providing reporting obligations for external post trade repositories
- sourcing and mastering of general reference data like holiday calendar, currencies, tax model, etc. for FX/MM/PM downstream systems
- experience in design, plan and deliver solutions in a large scale enterprise environment;
- skills in Java and Spring frameworks, experience in Java at least 5 years;
- practical experience in building web-services;
- very good experience with SQL and PL/SQL;
- good understanding of data driven solutions and approach to large volume data processing;
- database performance tuning skills and SQL code tuning skills;
- strong troubleshooting skills with an attention to detail and an ability to follow process;
- experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripting.id
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.