The Compliance Operations Analyst I is responsible for identifying fraudulent and suspicious transactions by conducting consumer and agent interviews to gather information to aid in making real-time decisions regarding questionable activity as well as analyzing transactional data. The Analyst monitors and identifies patterns of suspicious activity and may utilize real-time environments to assess activity as it happens. This is the first analytical level of escalation within the department acting to ensure MoneyGram and its customers are not involved in any illegal activity and remain compliant with internal and external regulations. Employees at this level will make resolution decisions that are above the standard issues, but fall within established guidelines.
- Conduct interviews with consumers to obtain necessary information on transaction activity, applying established AML requirements and processes to ensure they are not involved in or have become a victim of illegal activity.
- Reviews transactions for high-risk activity; prevent suspicious and fraudulent activities from being completed through MGI systems/partners.
- Conducts research and due diligence techniques to ensure accurate decisions are made to minimize risk and liability to both customers and the company.
- Documents outcome of the consumer's activity analysis in order to maintain proper records of data gathered to aid in determination of suspicious activity patterns.
- Performs confidential research and analysis of trends and behaviors, sanctions-related analysis as well as rules generated by internal watch-list, as a means to make proper decisions on customer's activity; reports findings to leadership and any other appropriate departments (such as Compliance, Transaction Monitoring, FIU).
- Establishes, builds, maintains and supports the overall service levels and obligations internal and external to department.
- Performs other duties as needed to establish, build, maintain and support the overall service levels and obligations of the department.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a customer service environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain procedures and processes to internal or external customers effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to make quick, yet sound decisions, and communicate negative and adverse messages professionally.
- Fluent in English, verbally and written.
- Fluency in other languages, preferred.
- Excellent PC Skills, including Internet Research, Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to assess issues and provide direct initial advice or escalate to the appropriate contact.
- Ability to address issues with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to manage time appropriately, work efficiently and independently within a team oriented environment.
- Ability to conduct analysis/research and provide recommendations.
- Solid detail orientation.
- Ability to work with sensitive data with professionalism and confidentiality.