Quantitative Analyst, Data and Computing Infrastructure
Job Reference #
Do you want to play a key role in driving the long-term success of UBS’s credit risk models in alignment with our purpose, client promise and regulatory requirements? Are you an expert or have keen interest in topics related to data lakes, cloud computing technologies and risk processes?
At UBS, we re-imagine the way we work, the way we connect with each other – our colleagues, clients and partners – and the way we deliver value. Being agile will make us more responsive, more adaptable, and ultimately more innovative. We’re looking for a Quantitative Analyst to:
• investigate and perform analysis of our IT infrastructure and data used for the credit risk modeling developers and the model development lifecycle
• enable data access and support ongoing operation with our cloud development platform and data provisioning infrastructure for our model developers
• collaborate with other quantitative analysts within Credit Risk Methodology to share insights & best practices
• ensure adherence to applicable regulations and internal policies, in particular the Governance of Models
• understand, represent, and advocate for client needs
In our agile operating model, our Crews in the broader Credit Risk Models Stream are aligned to larger products and services (e.g., retail, mortgages, or security-based lending) to meet regulatory as well as internal client needs. Within the Crews, the quantitative analysis Chapters are the home of highly qualified quantitative analysts that work in multiple autonomous Pods to support and build best-in-class credit risk models.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• BSc degree or equivalent in data science & cloud technology, quantitative analysis, IT or a banking related discipline
• proficient in Python, R or Java as well as good knowledge of SQL
• 1-3 years of relevant work experience in an IT development or quantitative data analyst role
• capable of identifying model development requirements (data, infrastructure) in a clear way including ability of testing the received solutions thoroughly and in a meaningful way themselves
• self-driven, organized and detail-oriented
• data-driven and analytical mindset to understand the business context and make the right decisions
• experience with handling and analyzing complex data is considered an advantage
• an understanding of the banking industry is considered an advantage
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.