Agile Chapter Lead for ADA Data Strategy & Controls Crew
Job Reference #
Do you want to drive the excellence of UBS products in alignment with our Data Management strategy? Are you an ambassador of the new ways of working and culture? Do you enjoy creating an environment where crews and pods dare to and feel encouraged to take responsibility for their own mission?
We’re looking for a Chapter Lead for ADA Data Strategy & Controls Crew in GRC to:
• lead, coach and manage an effective team of Data Management Analysts that deliver high-quality results
• lead the POD in Agile practices and partner closely with the Crew Lead, architects and control functions and collaborate across PODs and Crews
• strive for continuous improvement whilst making space for learning and innovation
• build partnerships with various stakeholders within the organization to support business objectives
• ensure an excellent standard for all aspects of delivery and governance, including planning and status reporting, management of key risks and issues and timely escalation,
• collaborate with other DMO teams to raise methodology and tooling and requirements that enable effective and efficient processes
The team is responsible for working directly with divisional subject matter experts, in both the business and IT, to map data flows in the organization and populate and maintain the group data dictionary. The ADA Data Strategy & Controls Crew is responsible for embedding a data management culture into the organization by advocating for our strategy and proactively challenging the way the firm works with data. In our Agile operating model, Streams are aligned to larger products and services fulfilling client needs and encompass multiple Crews with autonomous Pods. You will partner with other PODs in the ADA Data Strategy & Controls Crew which operate out of London, Zurich, Krakow and Pune.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• ideally 7 years of experience with people management responsibility
• outstanding leadership skills promoting a diverse, inclusive and motivating environment for employees with autonomy to deliver, mastery of skills and purposeful work
• ability to drive change across the organization and influence key stakeholders
• methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
• strong organization, project and program management skills with emphasis on timely delivery, risk management and stakeholder management, specifically, extensive experience of interacting and influencing management
• Comfortable with ambiguity
• experience of managing a diverse workforce or resources located in multiple locations using appropriate communication, delegation and planning skills
• excellent decision making and problem-solving ability, with a "can do" attitude
• knowledge of Banking or Capital Markets and familiar with current regulations such as BCBS 239, IFRS, CCAR, and an understanding of application data governance and data management (desirable, not essential)
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.