Financial Accountant for Switzerland
Job Reference #
Are you a motivated self-starter? Can you deliver accurate and timely financial information? Are you interested in gaining knowledge in subject of Asset Management?
We’re looking for a Financial Accountant to:
• prepare and record journal entries in the general ledger, sub ledger and other applications
• ensure complete, accurate and auditable accounting and closing
• compile and analyze financial information for UBS asset management companies
• implement accounting controls and manage their governance
• prepare financial statements and other financial reports for the business and various stakeholders
• collaborate on continuous improvement of quality, efficiency and effectiveness of controls
• support of entity controlling teams (with various scope)
You’ll be working in the Swiss Regional Controlling team in Cracow (Fabryczna Office Park) . We provide sufficient trainings (including training from On-shore partners), this is an ideal way to gain the practical work experience . As a Finance Accountant, you’ll play an important role making sure the accounting records of Asset Management are accurate and complete. Furthermore, you will be key in preparation and providing various reports and analysis for many stakeholders, monitoring fee flow in the entity and be involved in setting up new processes and controls.
• 2+ years previous experience in a similar role focusing on accounting, data analysis, financial reporting (experience in Asset Management space would be an asset)
• bachelor’s / master’s degree or equivalent in accounting or related field
• strong analytical skills
• fluent in written and spoken English
• proficient in MS excel (VBA would be an asset)
• analytical and methodical, with great attention to detail
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.