Quantitative Risk Modeler
Job Reference #
Are you adept at risk matters and familiar with quantitative modelling? Are you interested in Risk Modeling? Do you enjoy working in a highly specialized team to develop and deliver solutions? Then we are looking for you to:
– gain profound understanding of the business reality, which is to be represented in a model
– develop methodologies to assess risks for UBS Group and different legal entities around the globe from a statistical perspective
– analyze diverse portfolio data and risks, and build statistical models
– construct and analyze statistical loss distributions of underlying macro-financial risk drivers
– discuss model requirements and assumptions with stakeholders within the Bank
– test different possible model specifications and perform calibrations
– support implementation of regulatory initiatives
You’ll be working in the Statistical Risk Aggregation Methodology team in Krakow, Poland. Our role is to develop, maintain, and apply UBS’ statistical risk aggregation framework to assess the impact of simulated stress scenarios on the firm’s profitability and capital adequacy. The framework captures risk types across all businesses world-wide, a.o. Credit Risk, Market Risk and Business Risk. These risks are reflected in statistical models that perform forecasts given a suite of scenarios.
– a Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Economics, Econometrics, Finance, Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics)
– sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their applications
– general understanding and interest in banking and financial markets
– experience in quantitative (risk) modelling
– experience in handling large datasets
– organizational skills with the ability to deliver results within tight deadlines
– a strong communicator (and you know how to handle challenging situations)
– team-orientated, while able to complete tasks independently
– an expert user of R and/or Python, knowledge of functional programming and object-oriented programming is preferred
– fluent in English
– You'll have exposure to a variety of portfolios and risk types
– Ability to research, develop and implement cutting edge risk models
– You will build a large network across the bank and work in a diverse global team
– You are encouraged to further develop your skills via a large variety of courses that are offered by the Bank
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.