Site Reliability Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you like to work and explore multiple, complex IT technologies? Are you at your best when supporting others? Do you have strong inter-personal communication and Independent problem-solving skills?
We are looking for someone like you to help us with following key tasks:
• Become an application SME and troubleshoot application issues, collaborating with Engineering team
• Minimize the manual efforts by identifying the scope for automation
• Define workarounds for known errors and initiate process improvements
• Build the team’s capability though continuous knowledge sharing and write technical documentation
• Effectively communicate with business and technical partners in everyday tasks (new requirements, Incidents, requests, reports of ongoing activities, etc.,)
You will be part of high-performing team of experts supporting DevOps SRE Team. You will meet committed, quality driven technical team understanding and supporting Unix and Windows components building together environments for Enterprise Tools applications (i.e. GitLab, Puppet deployment, Team City, Jenkins etc.). Moreover, you’ll have a chance to be at the very center of the Cloud transformation in the Bank, supporting the critical toolset for the technological shift.
• 4+ years of hands-on experience with Unix & Windows servers
• 4+ years of work experience with DevOps tools for Code Build & Version Control, Test and Deployment
• Approx. 1 year of work experience in any of Cloud technologies – Docker, Kubernetes, AWS etc.
• Ability to prioritize your own workload and work with minimal supervision when required
• Willingness to provide on-call support
• Experience with scripting, automating manual tasks via powershell or bash scripting greatly desired
• Working knowledge on Puppet orchestration.
• ITIL Knowledge and certification are desired
• Basic understanding of Banking or Financial sector is a plus
• University degree in Computer Science or formal sciences field
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.