Regular Java Backend Developer (remote option)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you know how to build robust and scalable systems in Java? Are you an innovative problem solver? We’re looking for someone like that who will:
• be a member of a software development team
• accomplish close partnership with business in small multidisciplinary teams focused on delivering solutions driven by OKRs
• help with the next step of journey in moving systems to the cloud
• work with business requirements, design and develop robust technical solutions providing L3 support
The race for smarter infrastructure and platforms, better design, better usability, deep security and intelligent data is not slowing down – we’re looking for talented engineers to join our teams in Krakow and Wroclaw, where we offer positions in various projects and functions. We also have remote working option.
As a Java Backend Developer you'll lead technical design discussions with other engineers and play an important role in ensuring the development methodology is followed. Our culture, across the teams, centers around partnership with our businesses, transparency, accountability and empowerment, and passion for the future.
At UBS, we make sustainability the everyday standard. We support employees’ well-being, we take care of our own environmental footprint and build long-term cooperation with local communities. Therefore we offer our employees, among many other things, the below:
• contract of employment and work permit support for foreign applicants
• private medical health care topped up with a life and health insurance policy
• additional recovery days
• access to the benefit cafeteria platform
• referral program with bonus award, so you can recommend other experts and continue working with friends
• volunteering opportunities to make an impact on our local and global communities
• possibility to buy UBS shares
• modern eco-friendly offices in central locations, bike parking & electric vehicles charging points
• hybrid ways of working
We are a fast moving team, who love working agile. We also keep focusing on building and maintaining the best possible engineering ecosystem and culture within a technology organization.
Join us and develop your career in the global technology team of the world's largest wealth manager.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients
• expertise in fundamentals of computing science
• 3+ years of experience in software development
• experience in Core Java
• experience in technologies like Spring, Spring Boot, Maven, Gradle, Kafka, Docker
• experience in working with a cloud a plus
• attention to details and proactive testing approach experienced in working with relational databases
• advanced English
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.