Global Markets Financing Lawyer
Germany, Poland, United Kingdom
Job Reference #
Frankfurt am Main, Kraków, London
Are you an experienced lawyer looking to cover traded products? Do you enjoy the challenge of covering a variety of products? Do you thrive when working directly with front office and advising on a wide range of legal issues?
We are looking for a Global Markets Financing Lawyer like you to:
• provide in-house counsel to our Global Markets businesses, with a primary focus on Electronic Trading across products and our Global Markets Financing business, including Prime Brokerage, ETD, Client Clearing and Cash Equities and Funds
• act as a trusted advisor to our businesses whilst being a “control function” and to provide challenge in order to minimize legal and regulatory risk
• liaise with other internal functions at UBS (including tax, compliance and credit), external counsel and other service providers at a UK and global scale
• keep abreast of current regulatory issues (such as CSDR, EMIR, AIFMD, MIFID II and EUBR) and their impact on our Global Markets’ Financing business
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You will be part of our Global Markets EMEA legal team within Group Legal, based in London. We are responsible for supporting our firm’s Investment Bank Global Markets EMEA business with legal and regulatory advice in respect of its sales and trading client services.
Our function handles a wide range of products including standard OTC trading and bespoke structures, covering interest rates, FX, equities and financing and also to consider any regulatory issues that may arise.
• ideally, a fully qualified lawyer in England or any similar jurisdiction, able to confidently advise senior business on legal issues
• experience of working within legal for key areas covered by our Global Markets’ Financing Business (in particular, Electronic Trading, PB, ETD, Client clearing and cash products) is preferred but not a necessity if you have alternative product / legal experience and are looking for a new challenge
• strong technical drafting and communication skills as well as broad understanding of the current regulatory background
• team player and "can do" attitude
• willingness to challenge the status quo, to become a trusted advisor, and to act as a balanced "control" function whilst still maintaining effective relationships with the front office and other functions within the bank
• ideally, some management experience, and generally with sufficient experience to perform role independentlyC-UBS
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.