Model Risk Management & Control (MRMC) Internship Program
Job Reference #
Do you have a sharp, analytic mindset? Are you interested in Agile and Automation of risk processes? Are you passionate about advanced data and modelling techniques that lead to tangible results? For our MRMC Internship Program we are looking for people like that who can help us in various activities across the model life-cycle and governance:
• adapt model validation processes to agile and automated solutions
• review models to test implementation and performance
• support structuring and management of data to support validation
You’ll be working for our Model Risk Management and Control (MRMC) US team in Krakow. Working together with our colleagues of the US-based MRMC US team it is our role to independently review and challenge models developed by the business to ensure they are fit for purpose and meet all regulatory requirements.
In our Internship Program, you will have a chance to participate in automation and digitalization of the financial industry, implementing agile and automation processes, and understanding regulatory requirements for model risk management. This is an ideal way to gain the practical work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from some of our sharpest minds in risk control. Your paid internship will last 6 months with the possibility of extension, based on a 40 hour week.
• at least a bachelor's degree in financial mathematics, statistics, econometrics, physics, applied mathematics, computer science, economics or another quantitative area (and you love this stuff)
• interest in financial markets (experience is a plus)
• a can-do attitude to get the problem solved (despite all challenges) as part of a truly international team
• motivated, self-directed and creative
• adaptable, able to work across teams, functions, and cultures
• good in English, both spoken and written
• skilled in MS Excel and statistical programs like Python, R or SAS
• Good to have some understanding or experience with tools such as Gitlab, Tableau, Alteryx and Agile concepts
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.